• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread - Kick off 2-00 PM

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So many players within the squad, who I thought could only really be squad players, have risen to the top. Zak Jules improvement has been pretty astounding - where the hell did his dribble past 3 defenders and cross come from for our second goal?? He'd have to be happy with his move to city, along with Cole too..That result was immense and I never doubted that City would get a winner ( honestly!!) These guys want it so much nowadays..I reckon GC has built a really happy & united team - they're certainly playing for him...Northampton are a solid team & that result was immense today..
It seems strange now that for a long time there was a lot of discussion about players seemingly not improving under Gary's management and coaching.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought Will Aimson was immense today, Tom Carroll also superb in the first half when Woods was alongside him….Fantastic team performance all-round and great to see a rare away win at Sixfields.

thermopylai

Guthrie is a complete scumbag. Hope he gets sold to Kettering Town and rots in the southern league.
That self satisfied grin when he scored made Aimson's winner even sweeter!

Grecian Max

I can forgive the picturebook passing around the box if it brings us goals like it has
I mean it’s as simple as it wasn’t working very well at all and now it’s working very well

Banksy

I guess on this form Oxford won’t be looking forward to playing us next week.They need the win to confirm a playoff place.

denzel

I guess on this form Oxford won’t be looking forward to playing us next week.They need the win to confirm a playoff place.
They wouldn't confirm with a win. They'd need Lincoln to slip up against Pompey (who might have sobered up by then...)

grecIAN Harris

Can anybody who's had the chance to look at the replays ten times tell me how that scramble in the first half stayed out?

Banksy

They wouldn't confirm with a win. They'd need Lincoln to slip up against Pompey (who might have sobered up by then...)
Well than , let’s just say they’ll be looking to get something out of the game so hopefully will be a tad edgy.Whereas , we can hopefully use the match to express ourselves….

grecIAN Harris

More tissues for Harris required
Only to pass them on to a w@nker like you😉

STURTZ

A Stanno goal would complete a perfect day unfortunately Huddersfield losing
Think Udders are gone, we need QPR, Brum and SheffWed to pick up points.