• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Kite

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember this and with the way that GC likes to play I would tend to agree with this. I think that GC initially liked Kite and was actually trying to find a position/role that would suit Kite within the style that GC was looking to play.

I know it didn't necessarily work and understand why so many were critical of it, but I do understand why GC was trying Kite at RB/RWB who could then invert into midfield as well. When this was being tried I likened the idea to basically what happened to Joe Edwards at Plymouth, whereby he signed there as a CM and was then turned into a very good RB/RWB. I think this was GC's similar thought process with what he tried with Kite.

Like I said it didn't really work, but it wasn't as ludicrous as many some where making out initially.
It's exactly what has happened with Harrison King who at u16's played as a midfielder but has been converted to RB/RWB since. Harrison is very similar to Harry in terms of how he plays, so we will have to see if he can translate that to league football if he gets the opportunity. A lot of injury problems this season has held him back.

Bridgy 81

It's exactly what has happened with Harrison King who at u16's played as a midfielder but has been converted to RB/RWB since. Harrison is very similar to Harry in terms of how he plays, so we will have to see if he can translate that to league football if he gets the opportunity. A lot of injury problems this season has held him back.
I must admit I’ve not seen Harrison play but he doesn’t look to me to have the physique to be particularly quick.
Of course I may be wrong.
That seems to be what GC requires of his wingbacks - unless he persists on occasions with one very attacking one and another who’s more defensive e.g. Rankine/Niskanen or Harper/Purrington.
Or if he changes to a flat back four, which doesn’t seem very likely to me.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I liked the look of King a couple of years ago and thought he had some really good attributes to be a good Full Back. His injuries have certainly affected his opportunities and I hope he is still able to kick on from that.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I liked the look of King a couple of years ago and thought he had some really good attributes to be a good Full Back. His injuries have certainly affected his opportunities and I hope he is still able to kick on from that.
Only a gut feeling but with so many of the younger players having injuries this season and potentially better players coming through one or two like Harrison and Aamir Daniels could be released i fear. We clearly cant keep them all as we already have about 8/9 young lads looking for deals

Rosencrantz

I must admit I’ve not seen Harrison play but he doesn’t look to me to have the physique to be particularly quick.
Of course I may be wrong.
That seems to be what GC requires of his wingbacks - unless he persists on occasions with one very attacking one and another who’s more defensive e.g. Rankine/Niskanen or Harper/Purrington.
Or if he changes to a flat back four, which doesn’t seem very likely to me.
Under GC he would probably be more likely to play RCB which he is capable of. He is a very strong lad.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Under GC he would probably be more likely to play RCB which he is capable of. He is a very strong lad.
In stature he looks more like a Purrington type RCB / RWB

Rosencrantz

In stature he looks more like a Purrington type RCB / RWB
And Purrington can fit in as a LCB in a three as he has this season. I'm not saying Harrison is definitely going to make it, and it is more difficult for him as Bridgey says as GC likes his wing backs to be more wing than back. I only really brought Harrison up as an example of a midfielder being converted to a full back. He is a powerful lad though, more so than Purrington probably.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember this and with the way that GC likes to play I would tend to agree with this. I think that GC initially liked Kite and was actually trying to find a position/role that would suit Kite within the style that GC was looking to play.

I know it didn't necessarily work and understand why so many were critical of it, but I do understand why GC was trying Kite at RB/RWB who could then invert into midfield as well. When this was being tried I likened the idea to basically what happened to Joe Edwards at Plymouth, whereby he signed there as a CM and was then turned into a very good RB/RWB. I think this was GC's similar thought process with what he tried with Kite.

Like I said it didn't really work, but it wasn't as ludicrous as many some where making out initially.
Playing Harry Kite at RB/RWB isn't ludicrous. Playing him there to free Josh Key up to play left of a front three and then benching Jay Stansfield... It's at least flirting with ludicrousness.

Dazzamac40

Only a gut feeling but with so many of the younger players having injuries this season and potentially better players coming through one or two like Harrison and Aamir Daniels could be released i fear. We clearly cant keep them all as we already have about 8/9 young lads looking for deals
Daniels already been released

budegrecian

Daniels already been released
I wasn’t aware of this, although I’m not entirely surprised. I presume that you have some inside information, as I don’t think it’s been made public by the club yet.