• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Leyton Orient versus Exeter City Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So who scored our second goal? I thought at the time it was Carroll?

dontpassback

Absolutely, even though I knew they had screwed up I've still had to come back on here to make sure or I'll be having nightmares
I expect nasty cornplaster was behind that little scam !!

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will Aimson credited - having seen the highlights he seems to get a touch

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Media team say Aimson.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I love how disappointed Gary is that we over-celebrated the second goal and wasted time when we should have been trying to get a winner.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

KentGrecian

That was incredible. Great evening. "It's a long way back to Devon when you're...." 🥱

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
When was the last game that we DIDN'T get a yellow card before tonight?
Before Sweeney joined back in 2016

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Those last 20-25 minutes where probably our performance of the season. Before this whilst we largely dominated, it was the usual ineffective fare in the final third and whilst 0-2 was very harsh, you cannot give the ball away so cheaply for the second goal. First goal has question marks around a foul on Sinisalo, but I'd like to see another view if there is one, but whilst direct corners are rare, I still feel it could've been defended a little better.

First half Young Richards impressed me hugely, looks a real talent. Hopefully we can get him signed up long term, as could be a pretty decent fee down the line.

But for one of the few occasions this season, Caldwell used his subs perfectly as we went more direct in our passing and utilised Alli's strengths and used the wings so effectively with good direct passing and effective crosses into the box and Alli once he settled into the game played superbly, Wildschut was immense down the left and unlocked the Orient defence from an attacking perspective and caused them issues from the second he came on.

In those last 20-25 mins it wouldn't have been unfair if we'd found a winner.

Another really useful point, probably should've been more. One of those rare occasions where I've seen something really positive in our play this season and seen positive tactical change in our play when it's not quite going for us and excellent use of the subs bench. Long may that last 20-25 mins continue, especially if it's against 11 men. We seem to be perfect at playing against 10 men.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fantastic comeback and we really do play well against 10 men don’t we.

Yanic seems to have shown what he can do…You can tell his contract is up for renewal ;). If he did that more consistently he’d be a top player for us.

The team doesn’t know when it’s beaten at the moment and it’s great to see us so full of confidence. Chuffed for Alli to get his first for the club and many more to come.

UTC