• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bolton Wanderers Matchday Thread

Mid Devon Grecian

What a terrible half. We just sat back and invited them to try out all their best attacking moves. TBF Aimson made a couple of goal saving tackles. My pick for man of the half.

Not a whiff of attacking intent, their goalie came out to almost the half way line in front of the Stanno at one stage, no pressure at all 🤬

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheltenham losing and they do have some very difficult games to come before playing us Peterborough and Barnsley.

Our manager has to somehow change his whole style of play to concentrate on attack and increase the gap between them and us before playing them.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm assuming the warm applause at the end was from the Bolton fans and the stony silence was from us.
not a hope . We could lose 6-0 and you’d still get nutjobs clapping them off the field pretending we aren’t in a relegation scrap and shouting ”Caldwell in”

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aimson has been immense
I wouldn't say immense about anything in that 45 minutes. That last ditch tackle was good,saved a goal.Lost his position a couple of times as usual and made a couple of mistakes.Should have been in line with the player who scored,but was too far on the left.Not enough done further up the pitch to take the pressure of him.

TotnesGrecian

not a hope . We could lose 6-0 and you’d still get nutjobs clapping them off the field pretending we aren’t in a relegation scrap and shouting ”Caldwell in”
There's someone on the BB that literally shouts at anyone that says anything bad about the team/manager in the stand

Absolutely delusional

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not sure whether to stay for the second half or boil my head.

Caldwell out.
I had a similar thought but the 4.30 train is cancelled so I might as well stay to the end

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aimson has been immense
Immense?! Your standards have been lowered under Caldwell.

Loves to try and shepherd the ball out unsuccessfully. Not very good in the air, let's the ball run across him in the box.

Mid Devon Grecian

Cheltenham losing and they do have some very difficult games to come before playing us Peterborough and Barnsley.

Our manager has to somehow change his whole style of play to concentrate on attack and increase the gap between them and us before playing them.
Our manager will never change the style

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not a hope of anything in the second half. Cheltenham game now becomes vital- currently 1-0 down to Oxford
We have three games before that!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our manager will never change the style
I hate us under Caldwell.