• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What was the last pub you visited...

Tim Long

Stayed at the pub in Whitehill, Stroud last week. Miserable place, plenty of wood stacked by the unlit log burner. The drinkers in there never took their hats coats and scarves off! Asked for real ale and the landlord had to tap a barrel as they hadn't sold any for weeks. Two taps and the barrel exploded, foam and cloudy beer dripping from the rafters. No food so we had to send out for a crap Chinese. Ice on the inside of our room's windows.

Not recommended.
Is the pub a Fawlty Towers tribute act?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stayed at the pub in Whitehill, Stroud last week. Miserable place, plenty of wood stacked by the unlit log burner. The drinkers in there never took their hats coats and scarves off! Asked for real ale and the landlord had to tap a barrel as they hadn't sold any for weeks. Two taps and the barrel exploded, foam and cloudy beer dripping from the rafters. No food so we had to send out for a crap Chinese. Ice on the inside of our room's windows.

Not recommended.
Did Stroudy recommend the place to you ?

Ex-ciderrr

The thatched house, Exwick.

Great slurp of Icebreaker Pale Ale on tap!

grecIAN Harris

The Tom Conley in Spreyton for my 50th birthday meal which turned into a bigger event with all my family being there rather than just Charlene and the girls.

iscalad

The Tom Conley in Spreyton for my 50th birthday meal which turned into a bigger event with all my family being there rather than just Charlene and the girls.
Been there a couple of times. Nice pub. Tom Cobley....

grecIAN Harris

Been there a couple of times. Nice pub. Tom Cobley....
Yeah, Fat fingers or auto correct, you decide🙄

Rosencrantz

The Tom Cobley in Spreyton for my 50th birthday meal which turned into a bigger event with all my family being there rather than just Charlene and the girls.
Seconded (and corrected although Isca has already 🙂). Nice to have a get together.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Lytton Arms in Old Knebworth. A fine selection of ales.

Ex-ciderrr

The Grove inn, Kings Nympton. Superb food on offer.

berniesworld

The Old Firehouse, Exeter last night.

Nice to have a Beavertown Neck Oil on draught.