• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

dontpassback

When Inglethorpe left, iirc the Club received c170 applications for the job without the position even being advertised. There are a lot of hungry young managers out there who would jump at the chance where they can safe in the knowledge that they will be given plenty of time and not be sacked for failure to get instant results.
Good point,I don’t think there will be a shortage of applicants for KMT replacement should he go.the pressure will now be on taggy and the trust to select the best applicant who will move us forward.I don’t envy them with the task they face

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why “desperate” just an interesting and civilised debate.
I’m not going through every post doing a list of the names pulled out of the hat as alternatives but some are frankly ridiculous. Taggy and Co will no doubt have their finger on the pulse and hopefully have a few decent choices in mind.

ExmouthMart

Good point,I don’t think there will be a shortage of applicants for KMT replacement should he go.the pressure will now be on taggy and the trust to select the best applicant who will move us forward.I don’t envy them with the task they face
I think it’s the Club Board that appoints the Manager. So the Trust isn’t directly involved.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wish he'd hurry up and confirm this, I don't like the waiting to know. Obviously he's going to take it, otherwise he wouldn't have alerted us to the decision he has to take. Didn't think we'd lose him quite so soon, but I think it's a smart move on his part. It's a logical next step up. I think he's done a better job than any ECFC manager in my lifetime, especially since - unlike Terry Cooper - he leaves us with a good chance of continuity if his replacement can do a good job. My knowledge of managers at our level is not good enough to have a preference about his replacement but I trust that Tagg etc understand by now what is required for the job. Very sad day for me.

Reactions: WXF

dontpassback

I think it’s the Club Board that appoints the Manager. So the Trust isn’t directly involved.
But aren’t members of the trust on the club board,nick hawker is listed as a director,so maybe I have got it wrong ?

fred binneys head

The longer the waiting goes on, the more chance he’s staying. If he was obviously going to go, he’d have already gone. It’s clearly a difficult decision for him, with lots to consider. I’m glad we don’t know yet.

Grecian2K

Come on, Alphington & Countess Wear CC.

Offer him the team captaincy for next summer.

That should be enough.

Alistair20000

The longer the waiting goes on, the more chance he’s staying. If he was obviously going to go, he’d have already gone. It’s clearly a difficult decision for him, with lots to consider. I’m glad we don’t know yet.
Interview yesterday was around 17:30 and he said 24 hours to decide so decision imminent

Colesman Ballz

But aren’t members of the trust on the club board,nick hawker is listed as a director,so maybe I have got it wrong ?
In the past the Club have sifted through the applicants and then a panel convened to conduct the interviews and make their recommendation to the Club Board. The panel has contained Club Board members and a Trust Representative. The manager is obviously a Club appointment and naturally the final ratification lies with them.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Vain hope that "Truss the Terrible' interventions means that MT put off by quote for new mortgage given my belief he's just moved to his forever home ! UTC