• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb's 2022/23 Final League One Table Prediction Thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Put that selection in the predictions as a benchmark; I guess it'd be near the bottom.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Getting my excuses in early, I know very little about League One and have been on holiday for the last week or two so not keeping up with the gossip.

1 Barnsley
2 Wednesday
3 Ipswich
4 Derby
5 Oxford
6 Portsmouth
7 Peterborough
8 Wycombe
9 Charlton
10 Bolton
11 MK
12 Shrewsbury
13 Plymouth
14 Bristol Rovers
15 Exeter
16 Burton
17 Fleetwood
18 Morecambe
19 Cambridge
20 Forest Green
21 Port Vale
22 Lincoln
23 Cheltenham
24 Accrington

We have 25 entries so far ... 24 all ok!

Mr. Harris ... re. your double Bolton post #25, unless you confirm otherwise I'll assume you want Ipswich to replace your 2nd Bolton. ...

1. Sheffield Wednesday
2. Derby County

3. MK Dons
4. Bolton
5. Portsmouth
6. Peterborough

7. Oxford
8. Ipswich
9. Charlton
10. Bristol Rovers

Exehausted

Put that selection in the predictions as a benchmark; I guess it'd be near the bottom.
Ipswich in 15th and Portsmouth 17th. What does the computer (or the people setting the algorithms ) know that we don't?!

tonykellowfan

Also, if it is not too much trouble a table ordered according to length of manager's tenure might be an interesting addition.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

Bridgy 81

The current edition of the When Saturday Comes magazine has a 2022-2023 Season Guide.
In it someone (a supporter I assume) answers a few questions about their team and there’s a prediction of the final league table.
I’m not sure how the arrive at that, maybe the contributors from the various clubs gave their opinion and the magazine averaged them out.
MK Dons were the only ones not to submit a return!
We‘re 19th in the final table with Port Vale, FGR, Fleetwood and Morecambe (bottom) being relegated and Sheffield Wednesday (top) and Ipswich being promoted automatically.
Let me know if you want the complete WSC table prediction to include in your spreadsheet Grecian-on-Tyne and I’ll DM it to you.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
The current edition of the When Saturday Comes magazine has a 2022-2023 Season Guide.
In it someone (a supporter I assume) answers a few questions about their team and there’s a prediction of the final league table.
I’m not sure how the arrive at that, maybe the contributors from the various clubs gave their opinion and the magazine averaged them out.
MK Dons were the only ones not to submit a return!
We‘re 19th in the final table with Port Vale, FGR, Fleetwood and Morecambe (bottom) being relegated and Sheffield Wednesday (top) and Ipswich being promoted automatically.
Let me know if you want the complete WSC table prediction to include in your spreadsheet Grecian-on-Tyne and I’ll DM it to you.
It would be interesting to include it to see how it fares over the season compared to all our efforts.

I don’t think I’ll bother with an entry this term in view of my pathetic effort last time.Also , ( and I’m washing out my mouth after saying this), I can’t bear including City in the bottom six scrapping against relegation. I can see us having to do that if we don’t strengthen soon , maybe if we make some signings next week I’ll dip my toes in the water , then I can stick us in middle table! From memory , I think one person has included us in a relegation spot.

sign of the chimes

MK Dons were the only ones not to submit a return
That's because WSC don't ask them for a response. The season preview is a long-running thing and since I've been getting it (circa 2004) they've done the same thing every year (i.e. "no questions asked")

I suspect it would be seen as churlish by many. I think it's great.

sign of the chimes

Also, if it is not too much trouble a table ordered according to length of manager's tenure might be an interesting addition.
Only issue you might have there is there are a couple of League 1 managers who were appointed on the same day - not sure how you'd separate them in the rankings unless you knew exactly what time their unveiling was!