• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Storey Watch

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
3 games for us now.......9 points, 3 clean sheets......and whereas he's done nothing outstanding the results speak for themselves. Judging a centre back's performance is sometimes life judging the ref.......you dont want to notice them.....stay with your man and the ball goes elsewhere.

That aside I'm hoping to get up to Bradford next Saturday to watch you (we are playing on the Sunday)...what's the main differences of opinion on players amongst the Exeter fans....I'll try and take a view from a neutral perspective
If he starts in the left wing-back position, then Jake Caprice. He's a right-back by trade.

Pobbop

If he starts in the left wing-back position, then Jake Caprice. He's a right-back by trade.
Yeah, Caprice is an interesting one, listening to "my new football club" podcast the guy keeps on talking him up, but I'd much rather have Sparkes, maybe it's because of my bias towards a City graduate. Also, Colliins, think he's a very neat player destined for greater things, but many disagree, maybe it's that inherent bias again.

Trapdoor

Don't think anyone with half a brain cell doubts Collins' ability or potential.

Caprice I agree is a controversial one, is he in the wrong position or is he just generally wasteful in the final third?

Diabate, the new kid on the block. Is he a genuine top class talent or are there still areas of his game needing improvement?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't think anyone with half a brain cell doubts Collins' ability or potential.

Caprice I agree is a controversial one, is he in the wrong position or is he just generally wasteful in the final third?

Diabate, the new kid on the block. Is he a genuine top class talent or are there still areas of his game needing improvement?
I think there is room for improvement for Chieck that will come with time, experience and confidence

STURTZ

I've been moaning about Caprice at left back all season and often been shouted down. i'd like to see Caprice in his proper position on the right, perhaps in place of Sweeny who will always be fairly average in my book.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've been moaning about Caprice at left back all season and often been shouted down. i'd like to see Caprice in his proper position on the right, perhaps in place of Sweeny who will always be fairly average in my book.
To be honest, last week when he moved to the right it made little difference. Cut inside, did his little shuffle / step overs = no end product.

Rosencrantz

Don't think I'd want Jake playing at centre back.

scottus86

3 games for us now.......9 points, 3 clean sheets......and whereas he's done nothing outstanding the results speak for themselves. Judging a centre back's performance is sometimes life judging the ref.......you dont want to notice them.....stay with your man and the ball goes elsewhere.

That aside I'm hoping to get up to Bradford next Saturday to watch you (we are playing on the Sunday)...what's the main differences of opinion on players amongst the Exeter fans....I'll try and take a view from a neutral perspective
That Cameron Dawson in goal isn't much cop, whoever his parent club is should think about letting him leave on a free transfer.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

As well as your input on who should play on the left for us I'd love a neutral's view on Pierce Sweeney.

andrew p long

Great news about Storey and a perceptive assessment. This mutual loan interest is working well - in the last 5 games Dawson has conceded just one goal!

Make sure you go in the away end...warning - watching City can be addictive and you may find yourself going to a few more games!

I'd be interested in your views from a Wednesday perspective too. Diabate may be the next Storey - comes from nowhere, he hadn't played higher than 7th tier Truro until 2022- but then becomes automatic first choice centre half at 19. Is he good enough for Wednesday to take a punt on?
And Collins in midfield - some in the fanbase say he's off to the Championship,others that he's League Two standard only