• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe United v Exeter City - Matchday Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, it's not just how many points behind, but how many spots are open. All 3 now.
Is it time already for GoT to update his Probability Thread?

Albumen

Such a tight league table. If we beat top of the league Cheltenham on Saturday then win our game in hand we are above them in the table.
We are very capable of winning against Cheltenham. Absolutely can’t wait for that game.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another team absolutely mullered by quick passing, intelligent and frequent movement and no small amount of skill and work rate. Absolutely awesome performance tonight from Matty and the lads and i enjoyed watching every last minute of it. Some real quality that belies this league. Again, difficult to work out if Scunny were just another dire side or if we just simply imposed ourselves on the opposition yet again and they simply had no answers.

I'm surprised they left both Van Veen and Gilliead on the bench and i was concerned briefly in the second half that they would nick a leveller once they both had come on but we saw the game out well. Eisa was kept quiet and that was half the job done.

Again, Jokull literally an innocent bystander. Not sure it will be like that on Saturday though.

Every player out there tonight was immense. Bowman once again not scoring, or not really looking like scoring but i've seen on the last two games back the effort and work rate that he puts in battling and stretching the defence to bring others into play and perhaps i've not really been appreciative of that at times during his time with us. I really felt sorry for him again as he deserves to be finding the back of the net soon.

The back four were solid as you can get once more. McArdle few issues against his old club and i thought Page did really well especially tonight.

I could go on but can't really single players out tonight for extra special praise, despite two goals of sublime quality.

Safe journey back for the team and this gives us huge confidence to take to the game v Cheltenham on Saturday, which i am buzzing about even now!

THANKS LADS FOR A THOROUGHLY ENJOYABLE EVENINGS VIEWING!! COYR!!
Double Cheeseburgers all round Matt T !
Afram City

Grecian2K

We are very capable of winning against Cheltenham. Absolutely can’t wait for that game.
Just such a shame that there are still no fans allowed.

A reasonably "local" derby with almost certain good away support would have guaranteed 5000+ paying punters to put cash in the coffers.
Wonder if Prof Whitty could be persuaded to recommend a move of the end of all lockdown restrictions from June to this Friday? :p

STURTZ

Hope we can get our pitch to play as well as the Scunthorpe pitch, I have no doubt that our spell of indifferent form was heavily influenced by crap pitches. (Oh dear just noticed that we're in for another storm!)

crocks

Some of the play tonight was awesome. Slick first time passing, clever balls finding players in space. And the understanding between MJ and Randall is an absolute joy to watch.

A very important game on Saturday......

Red Devon

Top showing again tonight we’re looking a good side all over the pitch...and credit to MT for keeping to an unchanged team.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
3rd clean sheet in a row. MT will be happy!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
oh I don't know. Cambridge losing, Salford losing, Morcambe drawing at FGR, Cheltenham lost Bradford lost. Yes some around us won, but there were some big games tonight. Saturday is now huge.
I guess we're 3 points closer to first place.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although Scunny's cardboard cut outs didn't help them tonight I wonder if, given favourable comments from opposing fans, whether we could reinstate Grecian cut outs for the run-in so the lads remember that we care about the club as much as they obviously do from tonight's performance ?
The lads could always stick them up as part of their training warm down tomorrow !
Afram City, Afram Grecian Cut Outs !