• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
TBF The facebook generation are always in meltdown about something.
Best post I have read in ages 🤣.

Intheknow84

Have heard the 400k is our cut and deal is total of 650k as we get 60%

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
As a club I don't want to hear we don't have any money, don't have a sugar daddy etc etc for a long time.

We now have plenty of cash relative to the level we are at, how we choose to spend that cash is down to those in charge.

Let's move on from the little old Exeter City, we don't have a pot to p!$$ in vibe.
Are you aware of the likely effects of no crowd at SJP on matchdays for the foreseeable on our income ? If so then you hopefully understand the need to use windfall to support club through Covid rather than splash the cash like a 'Sugar Daddy' would.
Our 'Sugar Daddy' remains our academy which occasionally gives us a windfall to survive / improve - all we can order is a pot with the size to be determined post Covid.
UTC

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you aware of the likely effects of no crowd at SJP on matchdays for the foreseeable on our income ? If so then you hopefully understand the need to use windfall to support club through Covid rather than splash the cash like a 'Sugar Daddy' would.
Our 'Sugar Daddy' remains our academy which occasionally gives us a windfall to survive / improve - all we can order is a pot with the size to be determined post Covid.
UTC
You don't seem to be able to read.

I never said we should splash the cash.

Every league 1 / 2 club is in the same boat regarding no crowds etc, name the clubs in league 2 who have a sugar daddy pumping shed loads of cash in at the moment. I cannot see many.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
You don't seem to be able to read.

I never said we should splash the cash.

Every league 1 / 2 club is in the same boat regarding no crowds etc, name the clubs in league 2 who have a sugar daddy pumping shed loads of cash in at the moment. I cannot see many.
All of them bar about 3.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
All of them bar about 3.
Nonsense.

milts

One of the most frustrating players we have and personally don't rate him that highly. For every good game, he has 3 poor ones.

If we banked £250k - £400k and brought in a striker and winger to replace him I would be happy.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
All of them bar about 3.
Name the league 2 clubs where a sugar daddy has pumped in shed loads of cash this summer.

If you aren't able to do it don't get involved in the discussion.

View full League Two table

i8cornwall

All of them bar about 3.
Which three?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nonsense.
No it is not. If you analyse the accounts posted at Companies House for clubs in our division, they show that most clubs at our level lose between 500k an 2 million. As the majority do not bring in the level of transfer income that we do, the losses are being picked up by owners and boards. Covering these losses allows these clubs to continue spending at a level that is arguably not sustainable. It is this and a lack of effective regulatory governance that is creating an uneven playing field.