• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rarely shown,I suppose after 1990,the ending of the Cold War & collapse of the Soviet Union it was out of vogue.The new bogey men were in the Middle East.

I was having a sort out & found it on a VHS tape.I still have a combined Video/DVD player so gave it a whirl last night...It’s pretty grim,gritty & harrowing in places.I doubt a TV producer would go much on it these days unfortunately.It’s very much of its time.
Must say I do not remember this one.

The threat of nuclear disaster is still there of course.

Planet Of The Apes may yet be proved right: "You finally did it. You maniacs. You blew it up ! Damn you ! God damn you all to hell"

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
North West frontier (1959) Kenneth More ~ Lauren Bacall ~ Herbert Lom

In British India, an army officer (More) has orders to take a six year old Hindu prince and a small party to safety through Muslim rebel held territory in an ancient and temperamental tank engine. Throughout the journey they come constantly under attack from the rebels who's aim is first and foremost to kill the boy.

Interesting bunch of old stalwarts make up the the cast with the likes of Lauren Bacall ( formerly Mrs Humphry Bogart), Wilfred Hyde White, Ursula Jeans, and Ian Hunter (Capt Woodhouse of HMS Ajax in the 'Battle of the River Plate' - King Richard in Errol Flynn's Robin Hood). Excellent entertainment that I never tire of revisiting 9/10

Oldsmobile-88

Herbert Lom one of my favourite actors from that era.

DB9

Herbert Lom one of my favourite actors from that era.
Always liked Kenneth More, A good actor, Very British of that time too plus was very good in that classic film "Reach for the Sky where he played ultimate hero of WW2 Douglas Bader

Oldsmobile-88

I remember watching this at the time and never felt so scared, It was such a depressing film but you had to watch it. I have never watched it since the 80's, Just one of those programmes i give a wide berth to
The bombing scene..That was some TV that scared us all..Could have easily happened.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
North West Frontier (1959)
Yes, an enjoyable film. The scene where they have to relay the railway track under fire is very good. I like Gupte, the engine driver, too!

DB9

The bombing scene..That was some TV that scared us all..Could have easily happened.
It scared me, A threat that was never far from the news

Alistair20000

North West frontier (1959) Kenneth More ~ Lauren Bacall ~ Herbert Lom

In British India, an army officer (More) has orders to take a six year old Hindu prince and a small party to safety through Muslim rebel held territory in an ancient and temperamental tank engine. Throughout the journey they come constantly under attack from the rebels who's aim is first and foremost to kill the boy.

Interesting bunch of old stalwarts make up the the cast with the likes of Lauren Bacall ( formerly Mrs Humphry Bogart), Wilfred Hyde White, Ursula Jeans, and Ian Hunter (Capt Woodhouse of HMS Ajax in the 'Battle of the River Plate' - King Richard in Errol Flynn's Robin Hood). Excellent entertainment that I never tire of revisiting 9/10

Wot no Harry Andrews ? :(

Banksy

Hacksaw Ridge ( 2016) Andrew Garfield.
True story of a WW2 conscientious objector who went to war as a medic against the Japanese and saved 75 men, and he never handled a gun throughout.
Some very realistic battle scenes.
Excellent.

Antony Moxey

Rocketman. The story of Elton John’s rise, fall and rise again. His music has largely passed me by, and although still a punk at heart I’ve started to appreciate his music of late. Given that, and how I knew relatively little of his back story this was utterly fascinating as well as, importantly, entertaining with some fabulous tunes along the way. Anyways, enough of the soppy sh1te, this is a proper story of sex and drugs and rock and roll and I absolutely loved it. Nine specs out of ten pianos.