• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Walsall v Exeter City matchday thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
MT got it horribly wrong in the first half, the formation wasn’t right, it gave Walsall loads of space down their wing, and their no.25 was taking the **** at points.

He made the right decision taking Nigel off and putting Jake in as we needed that extra work rate. We then bossed it for 20 mins in the second half culminating in going 2-1 up which was onside by my viewing from ifollow. Once that was disallowed heads dropped and it was the inevitable late couple of goals for the home team. Ward isn’t looking anywhere near the keeper he was earlier in the season and I think we’ve really gone downhill since Maxsted got injured.

Unless there’s a dramatic turnaround in performances I can’t see us making top 3 now which is gutting. We’ve not really been at it for a while now - even the three game winning run we were unconvincing.

eurogrecian

He was at the game? You choose to live in Switzerland, what do you want, a medal?
Good for him. Chin up, keep the faith. UTC.
(no medal required here thanks, but I appreciate the thought)

i8cornwall

Ouch.

They’ve earnt it already from me.
It’s a mute point as I’m not at the game next Saturday but for me the club isn’t really earning my support, sadly the players aren’t doing much to help.

Players need to step up or don’t let the door hit you on the way out in the summer and all that.

Enjoy next Saturday tho mate, probs win as I’m not there haha.

It’s a mute point as I’m not at the game next Saturday but for me the club isn’t really earning my support, sadly the players aren’t doing much to help.

Players need to step up or don’t let the door hit you on the way out in the summer and all that.

Enjoy next Saturday tho mate, probs win as I’m not there haha.
What are you taking about .....For 7 months they have given their all.....the season is 46 games long and contracts dictate when the ‘door hits you on the way out’ - I don’t think you have any idea how a football club runs or how contracts work.

i8cornwall

What are you taking about .....For 7 months they have given their all.....the season is 46 games long and contracts dictate when the ‘door hits you on the way out’ - I don’t think you have any idea how a football club runs or how contracts work.
So players can’t be sold or released?

Are you sure you know how football runs or contracts work?

PeteUSA

Predictably Mr Taylor not happy about the disallowed goal. Wanted to know why the linesman didnt give it "first off". Heres my viewpoint on that: The referee and that linesman were mic'd up. The linesman not clear that Bowman got a touch, so calls ref for a chat about his point of view. Ref says Bowman definitely touched it last, so offside then kicks in. It was messy and took a long time, but as long as the correct decision was arrived at. And no Mr Taylor, there wasnt one of their players "on the back post".

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some people are being very harsh on Ward imho. Since he has come back into the side I don't think many of the goals we have conceded have been his fault, whilst he may not be at the level he was prior to his injury he is still doing a decent enough job.

Maxted made a shed load of mistakes during his run in the first team.

Some people have memories shorter than Matt Jay.

PeteUSA

Some people are being very harsh on Ward imho. Since he has come back into the side I don't think many of the goals we have conceded have been his fault, whilst he may not be at the level he was prior to his injury he is still doing a decent enough job.

Maxted made a shed load of mistakes during his run in the first team.

I totally agree, I dont want Maxted anywhere near first choice keeper when he's fit. He had a really bad run, including the FA Cup match. He was making one mistake after the other when he first came in, and there appeared zero interaction with the defence. Just because he started to 'come good' when Ward came back wasnt ample reason for him to retain the spot.

I didnt think Ward was at fault with any goals today, including their first where he palmed it out to an attacker. That was all he could do with that - it just didnt work out.

Red Devon

Another three or four corners completely wasted again today with this abysmal Law, Williams short corner routine we’ve persisted with this season....get Dickenson to whip them in with some pace.

Red Devon

MT got it horribly wrong in the first half, the formation wasn’t right, it gave Walsall loads of space down their wing, and their no.25 was taking the **** at points.

He made the right decision taking Nigel off and putting Jake in as we needed that extra work rate. We then bossed it for 20 mins in the second half culminating in going 2-1 up which was onside by my viewing from ifollow. Once that was disallowed heads dropped and it was the inevitable late couple of goals for the home team. Ward isn’t looking anywhere near the keeper he was earlier in the season and I think we’ve really gone downhill since Maxsted got injured.

Unless there’s a dramatic turnaround in performances I can’t see us making top 3 now which is gutting. We’ve not really been at it for a while now - even the three game winning run we were unconvincing.
Good post pretty much bang on with that sadly.