• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ramone.
The earth is polluted. You know, even in the Faroe Islands there has been a lot of research which has proven that eating whale meat is a risk to health due to! He high levels of mercury in the meat.
There is also a whole load of scientific evidence which proves that the climate is changing.
You argue that this warming is not man made whilst the majority of independent scientists say it is
This is not about point scoring or right wing v Liberals, it's about science and the effect of global warming (and pollution) on the planet.
It's a bit like smoking : you don't see the effect of smoking on a smoker day by day but over 50 years you do.
To politicize global warming trivialises it
But the main point is that assuming you have kids and grandchildren it is their future you are prepared to roll the dice on, not yours. And as the cliche goes, what are you going to say to them 30 years from now when they ask you why you didn't at least accept that our planet was suffering from global warming.
If course you are free to believe what you like, but on your conscience be it.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Oh well if the "Friends of Science" said so...

(The same Friends of Science that is funded mainly by the fossil fuel industry)

Seriously, do you believe everything you read on slightly spurious websites? Are you going to link to anti vaxxers next?
Not everything , No
But I notice you missed the ex IPCC scientist video …. Typical really and would expect nothing less from yet another liberal tear jerker who is only interested in a far left wing agenda.
Please collect your riot helmet, baseball bat and face mask to hide your identity to your friends and employers on your next "peaceful non violent" gathering.

Legohead

Banned
Sea ice is melting and the more it melts the more volume is added to the sea level. In addition, when ice floes melt they reveal large areas of dark water that was once ice. This dark water absorbs the suns heat whereas the white ice deflects it and so by absorbing the heat from the sun the sea temperature rises even more and then more ice melts and so on and so forth. The more open expanses of water that there are where ice should have been just makes the sea absorb heat from the sun.

It's happening right now and whether humans are to blame or not (they clearly are IMO as we are an abhorrent species which is to blame for most harm in the world) the fact remains that the ice is melting and the earth is getting warmer.

Mike is correct about the levels of mercury in fish. So much so that pregnant women are told to avoid fish like swordfish etc due to the high levels of toxic bioaccumulated mercury in the meat. Tuna is similar. Man has polluted the earth including the seas.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here you Ramone my friend, Thought you might like this, Plus this young lady has been invited to the US to speak at a American Conservative conference and will meet Trump there
Have heard about her but as normal in todays viral world there is a 1.11 video where she actually talks for what 12 seconds ? the rest showing some greasy haired gobby git who is at the very least rude and obnoxious to world leaders who are doing something towards any climate problems.
What has that greta actually done or said that hasn't already been implemented beforehand ? Oh she sat outside of her school with a bit of cardboard and her father and an as yet unknown member of the UN who script her online media accounts for their own reasons.

IndoMike

The exact same could be said for you ! And here you are YET again going on about things in this country where you don't actually live.
Are you telling me that as an Englishman I have no right to comment about the UK, my own country? Under whose authority do you state that.?
But the sad "attempting to score points"commentators are not Indonesian, they've never lived here and know nothing about life here. I have already said that in many countries in the world food hygiene is not perfect. The fact that food hygiene in the UK is also far from perfect is why they are avoiding talking about it. As usual they point the finger away from themselves. Human nature.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Well it's a good thing there are only 2,400,000 cases of food poisoning in the UK per year. Obviously standards are impeccably high. Since it is the country you live and presumably eat in as do your children and grandchildren why do you worry yourself about other countries? Shouldn't you be more worried about your own?"

Wasnt this what you told Alistair ? To worry about the country where he lives !
As you've said before and to paraphrase a little if people move to another country for long enough they become part of that country , You have lived in Indo for long enough to become part of that country.
Lets see you find some facts and figures about food poisoning causing Paratyphoid where you reside for a change instead of reminding us every few posts about the 2.4m in this country ?

Alistair20000

Yep, The smug little git couldn't even do the decent thing when he knew innocent children were being abused by that fat sod Smith, A perfect case of the establishment looking after their mates even if those mates did the most abhorrent things like this. Steele, I hope you can live with yourself now!!!
He was always so sanctimonious and self important which just compounds his abhorrent cover up of Smith’s criminal activity.

Good riddance to him from public life.

IndoMike

"Well it's a good thing there are only 2,400,000 cases of food poisoning in the UK per year. Obviously standards are impeccably high. Since it is the country you live and presumably eat in as do your children and grandchildren why do you worry yourself about other countries? Shouldn't you be more worried about your own?"

Wasnt this what you told Alistair ? To worry about the country where he lives !
As you've said before and to paraphrase a little if people move to another country for long enough they become part of that country , You have lived in Indo for long enough to become part of that country.
Lets see you find some facts and figures about food poisoning causing Paratyphoid where you reside for a change instead of reminding us every few posts about the 2.4m in this country ?
Yeah, but the problem is I'm not worried. I honestly don"t remember any serious problem. Certainly nothing like Mad Cow Disease.
Of course there are isolated incidents as can happen in any country
The food markets here are regularly checked by inspectors and most other people buy their food in bona fide supermarkets.
And I've never seen any food markets where animals are also kept
But I've never said that Indonesia is perfect, I started to mention the 2.4 m cases in the UK only in response to Tavy's childish attempt at point scoring when I raised the topic of chlorinated chicken. If he hadn't responded in the way he did with his usual pathetic attempt at deflection I wouldn't have mentioned the food poisoning cases in the UK. All I did was to ask what people thought about importing chlorinated chicken from the US. It was a question. Maybe most British people don't mind it.
Now I know our opinions about almost everything are different, which is no problem.for me or for you, but as Ex Army I'd at least expect you to be fair.👍

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not everything , No
But I notice you missed the ex IPCC scientist video …. Typical really and would expect nothing less from yet another liberal tear jerker who is only interested in a far left wing agenda.
Please collect your riot helmet, baseball bat and face mask to hide your identity to your friends and employers on your next "peaceful non violent" gathering.
Nice straw man you've got yourself there.

I didn't miss it. But I bet you missed that he is paid a retainer by the Heartland Institute, who are funded by, guess who, the fossil fuel industry. Incidentally their previous campaign was paid for by the tobacco industry, and they paid a bunch of scientists to say that smoking wasn't bad for your health.

You keep believing the codswallop though. It's the only thing you're good at.

IndoMike

Nice straw man you've got yourself there.

I didn't miss it. But I bet you missed that he is paid a retainer by the Heartland Institute, who are funded by, guess who, the fossil fuel industry. Incidentally their previous campaign was paid for by the tobacco industry, and they paid a bunch of scientists to say that smoking wasn't bad for your health.

You keep believing the ******** though. It's the only thing you're good at.
My interpretation is that Ramone views this as a political issue, not a scientific issue. He associates global warming with a left-wing or liberal conspiracy and that is sufficient for him.
I'm not putting words in his mouth : just making a logical conclusion based on what he says.