• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ollie is more flexible. He can play on the wing, as a very attacking midfielder, and as a striker. Mitrovic is just a striker but he puts himself about a bit. Different kind of player, really. Sooner or later someone will sign Ollie, hopefully early pre-season so we can strengthen. If we get promoted we"ll need reinforcements

Red Bill

Ollie is more flexible. He can play on the wing, as a very attacking midfielder, and as a striker. Mitrovic is just a striker but he puts himself about a bit. Different kind of player, really. Sooner or later someone will sign Ollie, hopefully early pre-season so we can strengthen. If we get promoted we"ll need reinforcements
If Brentford get promoted I'd rather they hung on to him for a bit. If he was sold in the summer his value would only be what it is now IMO, whereas if he gets off to a flyer in the premier league he could be worth at least 50% more by christmas i reckon. Of course there's always the danger that he has a really poor start in which case he could be worth less, but given what a quick learner he's always been, I'd back him to do well. £40M for a prem player isn't unrealistic after all!

LOG

Should you be interested, from about 1 hour 37 minutes there's an interview here with Neil MacFarlane who is Brentford's B team head coach. They set up a B team after closing their academy and gallivant around Europe playing matches.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ollie currently being praised to the skies by Brentford Owner on TalkSPORT....and seriously being talked about as having a chance of getting a call from Gareth Southgate.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ollie currently being praised to the skies by Brentford Owner on TalkSPORT....and seriously being talked about as having a chance of getting a call from Gareth Southgate.
There are good PR as well as playing reasons for England to call up Ollie - it shows that players who are not at one of the prestigious PL clubs can be selected if they are good enough.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ollie being quoted as 15 to 1 to be in the squad for the Euros.....surprisingly short odds.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Brentford get promoted I'd rather they hung on to him for a bit. If he was sold in the summer his value would only be what it is now IMO, whereas if he gets off to a flyer in the premier league he could be worth at least 50% more by christmas i reckon. Of course there's always the danger that he has a really poor start in which case he could be worth less, but given what a quick learner he's always been, I'd back him to do well. £40M for a prem player isn't unrealistic after all!
On the other hand, if he struggles in the prem and drops out of the Brentford side (its happened to many highly rated young players), the gravy train has tumbled off the tracks for good.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's definitely better for us if he is sold before Brentford go up, if they do. Really hope he gets a couple against Leeds tonight.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's definitely better for us if he is sold before Brentford go up, if they do. Really hope he gets a couple against Leeds tonight.
Hattrick in a 4-3 defeat would be perfect.

DB9

It's definitely better for us if he is sold before Brentford go up
Well that's not going to happen now as the window has closed, Plus no certainty Brentford will go up, Tight division and plenty of points to play for