• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
£30m for selling now or £160m if Brentford go up via TV money? It's a huge amount and one of the reasons why they'll keep hold of him. Ollie will play a big part in the second half of the season for Brentford as long as he keeps fit and that goal of PL football with all it entails, Brentford would be nuts to let him go now

BerksBee

Hearing muttering's we're in for Ivan Toney. I don't think that means in any way that Watkins is off, but that we're looking to bring in backup in case of injury and/or a second option and possibly a replacement for when he does go. Peterborough value him at £11/12m, highly unlikely we'd be paying that, more like half!

Red Devon

Hearing muttering's we're in for Ivan Toney. I don't think that means in any way that Watkins is off, but that we're looking to bring in backup in case of injury and/or a second option and possibly a replacement for when he does go. Peterborough value him at £11/12m, highly unlikely we'd be paying that, more like half!

Pobbop

Do the Bees fan, think Brentford will play their full team including Ollie, against Leicester, would be a pretty interesting test for him/them.

Last edited:

BerksBee

BerksBee

Do the Bees fan, think Brentford will play their full team including Ollie, against Leicester, would be a pretty interesting test for him/them.
Unfortunately not.

Watkins is not one of those in the squad, neither is Benrahma who sadly lost his father recently and isn't in the country. It will be a mixture of first teamers and squad fringe players about 50/50. I'd love to have seen us play a full strength side against Leicester as I believe we'd have caused them a lot of problems and would have been a fascinating game to watch. And as you rightly say—a very good test for the players against a good Premiership side even if they did make some changes from their first team. As it stands, I feel Leicester will be too good for the side we put out. I suspect Dervisoglu or Mbuemo will play centrally in place of Watkins.

The following game on Tuesday night against fellow promotion hopefuls Nottingham Forest is 'in essence' a 6 pointer and far more important than the cup game hence the rotational changes.

It's a shame, particularly as its being shown live on BBC but that's the way it is.

If any Exeter fans watch, hope you enjoy the game even if Ollie isn't playing!

Red Devon

Would like to see Watkins bag a goal or two against Leicester today could be a very interesting next seven days if he can.

Banksy

Would like to see Watkins bag a goal or two against Leicester today could be a very interesting next seven days if he can.
See post above!

IndoMike

Both teams are doing the usual thing : "resting" players and devaluing the FA Cup.
Watkins ain't playing, apparently.
And Lord Guardiola wants to ban FA Cup replays, so that'll be the next step.

Red Bill

He's just such a level headed lad, seems to take such calm pragmatic approach to his career. Must be because he went to my school!