• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall out on loan

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Joel needs a bit more physical development but I am confident that will come. A loan move will be good for him I am sure.

exeter-loyal

From what I saw against Swansea he’s a very exciting prospect going to be some player.
Yeah I thought the same bit of energy about him.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Joel is a very good prospect but realistically still has Lee Martin, Williams, Holmes, Jay and Sparkes in the first team squad ahead of him. Might as well be playing competitive football and progressing on the meantime.

exeter-loyal

It would have mainly been done to get him some more experience.

Stelios

So still playing at the same standard he played at last season, with Tivvy. Like Smerdon, I would have thought he was better than this, particularly after his pre season displays, but the club clearly knows what it's doing with regard to developing young talent & if all goes well we can review in January.
They still train with the 1st team midweek I think. MT obviously doesn't trust/rate youth players enough to put them in the 1st team on matchday. Hartridge looked decent on his debut (not perfect) but post-match MT made it very obvious post match that he didn't think he was ready to 'step up' to the 1st team.

He obviously sees a massive difference between youth football and "mens football". He seems pretty obsessed with this. I've always thought if you're good enough you're old enough. It's only League 2 FFS.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Off to Weymouth for a month

Rosencrantz

Off to Weymouth for a month

Stepping up a league. Weymouth are going well.

Corey

Would prefer to see him in the first team picture but obviously Taylor thinks he needs a bit more experience

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stepping up a league. Weymouth are going well.
Yep that is a good step up for him. He is clearly progressing but has some way to go until he is first team ready. He will come good I'm sure.

andrew p long

Would prefer to see him in the first team picture but obviously Taylor thinks he needs a bit more experience
Yes,and I think MT may well be right. This time last year I said Will Dean ought to go out on loan and someone else said it was better to keep him at city for first team purposes. He did stay but then didn’t get any game time.

The step up is good for Joel. He is obviously far too good for three levels below the football league. If he is going to be any good for us then he will have to shine at Conference South level.

The one month loan term is interesting. His return would then be due just as the transfer window opens. If the previous rumours that Randell (Williams) could be off then (Joel) Randall could be useful to the squad.