• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg's Trust AGM speech - 3 option

Andy_H

Yes I do know but I'm fed up with pointless points scoring on this site so I'll keep that information to myself.
I can't believe YOU don't want to score points over us lesser mortals!

So we're left with the impression that you probably don't really know but, just want to retain your 'superior than thou' persona!

Andy_H

City Community Trust formally FiTC.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
So the club aren't in a position to sell it as they don't own it?

Oldsmobile-88

The other acronym is Football in The Community...

AlanDevlin

3 is cloud cuckoo land. No matter how many people "Greater Exeter" grows to encompass, only a few thousand will likely ever watch ECFC. The club does not have the backing, demographic or the wherewithal to make a hotel/leisure/stadium model work.
And neither did Exeter Chiefs less than 25 years ago......

Oldsmobile-88

Who do amazing work with all parts of the local community.

DB9

No they didn't but they had a person willing to bankroll them and for the Chiefs it worked, They are a now established top flight Rugby club, We are not in that position and probably never will be under our model

LOG

So the club aren't in a position to sell it as they don't own it?
I'm happy to be corrected but to the best of my knowledge, the Fountain Centre and adjoining car park (the old playground) are owned by CCT.

Oldsmobile-88

Hard to compare the Chiefs to ECFC.

The Rugby club since their rebranding,huge investment in the Chiefs,move & subsequent promotion to the top 12 teams,draw support from all over the South West.
Rugby is not as tribal as football.

I would imagine 95% of support for the Grecians is from a 20 mile radius of the city.

Colesman Ballz

No they didn't but they had a person willing to bankroll them and for the Chiefs it worked, They are a now established top flight Rugby club, We are not in that position and probably never will be under our model
And their backer would not have had the financial muscle to have turned them into a top flight club in the far more competitive world of football. Tony Rowe has done an excellent job with Chiefs, but the sale of the County Ground for iirc £11m was an excellent starting point. He also had zero consideration for putting Exeter Falcons out of business in the process.