• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge v Us match day thread. FA CUP 1st rd.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Meanwhile back to our game v Cambridge, I just saw the highlights and have totally upset myself! How the hell can anybody go banging on about loss of interest re: the FA Cup etc without offering up an opinion of that gut wrenching equaliser FFS! I know nothing can alter it now and we go marching on etc, but surely Taylor realises the GK situation is far from addressed unless this Visser character is any good. Surely he's due a starting place isnt he?

Legohead

Banned
Pete. You are aware that a team is made up of 11 players? Not just 1 goalkeeper? ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not sure why iFollow feels the need to have just given me a notification saying that Exeter have beaten Cambridge 2-0. :confused:

Colesman Ballz

On to the more romantic side of the Cup, I see there were a couple of upsets today. Macclesfield were stuffed 4-0 at home by Kingstonian and Orient were done at home by Maldon and Tiptree. Dover beat Southend and Bromley held The Gas.
Hard to call Macclesfield result an upset, given that their players are on strike over yet more unpaid wages, and the Club basically fielded a youth team.

Grecian2K

Not sure why iFollow feels the need to have just given me a notification saying that Exeter have beaten Cambridge 2-0. :confused:
That was back in August 2018 Hants'.
I think you REALLY need to consider upgrading your internet connection to at least "mediumly-wide-band" :p

grecIAN Harris

Hard to call Macclesfield result an upset, given that their players are on strike over yet more unpaid wages, and the Club basically fielded a youth team.
I wasn't aware of that. I've just looked at the scored and nothing more.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That was back in August 2018 Hants'.
I think you REALLY need to consider upgrading your internet connection to at least "mediumly-wide-band" :p
Have you not had the same notification? You probably ought to be paranoid about it. Who's controlling your phone :)

PeteUSA

Pete. You are aware that a team is made up of 11 players? Not just 1 goalkeeper? ;)

That old chestnut is flawwed, and you know it. Rightly or wrongly, outfield players can miss the goal all day long as long as we're in the lead. A GK error that leads to a goal that affects the final score cant be atoned for, even if a keeper plays out of his skin after an error. That was a rank f*****g awful goal to let in, absolutely no excuse, now we have a lousy replay to deal with. I bet that'll pull a good crowd of an evening!

crocks

Agree Maxted should/could have done better but the defending in the box was just poor.

STURTZ

That old chestnut is flawwed, and you know it. Rightly or wrongly, outfield players can miss the goal all day long as long as we're in the lead. A GK error that leads to a goal that affects the final score cant be atoned for, even if a keeper plays out of his skin after an error. That was a rank f*****g awful goal to let in, absolutely no excuse, now we have a lousy replay to deal with. I bet that'll pull a good crowd of an evening!
Looking forwards to it myself, we haven't had enough home evening games this season and November was looking a bit sparse fixture wise, bet you'll be tuning in Pete?