• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2019

AL_Yates

All for the avoidance of any doubt please be careful when reviewing my answers to the questions and Julen Beer's. The way it has been presented has caused some confusion. also there appears to be some nominees who answers have not been published. I had two people today call me to discuss my answers. If some nominees have chosen not to do so, perhaps this could be noted. I have to say the lead-time to return back questions was exceptionally tight, and we all have commitments. I do hope they get published in due course to aid the election process. It would only be fair.

Election is almost over, get those votes in for some great candidates!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure the wording of this motion is very wise, especially during the course of a General Election:

"The Exeter City Supporters Trust welcomes the recent announcement by the Labour Party to give fans a much greater say in how their clubs are run and its pledge to ensure that the Premier League invests 5% of the income it receives for television rights into grassroots football to improve facilities and pitches and support the next generation of players and coaches. The Trust calls upon any future Government to undertake these pledges".

I actually agree with the sentiment (and have been known to vote Labour) but it could be easily reported as aligning the Trust with a particular party which could be off-putting for some. Better if it was worded in a way that de-politicised it - something like:

"The Exeter City Supporters Trust believes that the Premier League should invest more of the income it receives for television rights into grassroots football to improve facilities and pitches and support the next generation of players and coaches. The Trust calls upon the next Government to press the Premier League to do so."
I don't see much of an issue with this. While I don't pretend to have seen the announcement in question, assuming it says what we're led to believe, why wouldn't the Trust want to endorse it, regardless of whether it was made by the Labour Party, the Conservatives of the Monster Raving Loonies?

The more endorsement there is for a proposal such as this – regardless of who it's come from - the more pressure there will be for other political parties to follow suit. And surely that's what any right-thinking Trust member would want?!

Ash

It is NOW the correct place, once ALL the candidates have a level playing field to post their manifestos and all are now treated equally, but you jumped the gun by trying to steal a march on the rest. If you do that to get yourself elected what will you stoop to once, or if, you do get elected! My choice is still out of 7!
Is that a joke? Not sure I've ever read anything so stupid.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Anyway, I've sent off my ballot. Good luck to everyone involved, it was a really tough decision this year as all eight candidates were very strong and I'd have voted for all eight if I could.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anyway, I've sent off my ballot. Good luck to everyone involved, it was a really tough decision this year as all eight candidates were very strong and I'd have voted for all eight if I could.
I they think all did their cause no end of good by coming on here.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Totally agree re the Trust being apolitical, and clearly this is something that requires putting in the Constitution. As to reviewing motions put forward, I am not sure that this can be done as it is every members right to put forward a proposal given the required backing. It is only for the membership to decide on whether it is appropriate, you simply cannot have the Trust Board controlling the Agenda. The controversial proposal to end Tisdale's rolling contract is a case in point, as the Trust board was certainly not in favour. but were forced to carry out the members instructions.
Quite right.

IndoMike

I'd vote for 6.

HUFC1885

Sincere thank you for engaging with us fans these past couple of weeks, and hope all candidates get on the Trust Board this year or next you have provided interesting answers to questions to a very high standard.

Andy_H

Is that a joke? Not sure I've ever read anything so stupid.
Oh I'm sure you have really!

IndoMike

I they think all did their cause no end of good by coming on here.
To be honest, some of them have and some haven't. Some very pertinent questions have had some of the candidates scrambling.
But it's good that the candidates have had another stage to reveal some of their attitudes, ideas and character.
Several have given up a lot of their time to deal with questions, which is admirable.