• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red card rescinded

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apologies if this has appeared elsewhere

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Excellent news!

Legohead

Banned
Never any doubt. Shocking decision by the officials and fortunately we were already dead and buried when Parkes went off. Just a question. When these red cards get rescinded, does anyone contact the officials responsible and give them a ticking off?

Human error i can accept but that decision i can't. Blatantly and obviously not even a foul never mind a card of either colour.

Great news!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Woohoo - is this the first time we've successfully appealed?

Justice done - if that was a red card then I'm a Dutchman.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think that must be the first red card rescinded for Exeter in a very long time.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never any doubt. Shocking decision by the officials and fortunately we were already dead and buried when Parkes went off. Just a question. When these red cards get rescinded, does anyone contact the officials responsible and give them a ticking off?

Human error i can accept but that decision i can't. Blatantly and obviously not even a foul never mind a card of either colour.

Great news!
Tick the officials off and then take action against the cheating Bradford git. Lino and referee got it wrong however that excuse for a man got the outcome he wanted.

Legohead

Banned
Tick the officials off and then take action against the cheating Bradford git. Lino and referee got it wrong however that excuse for a man got the outcome he wanted.
It's a fair point Billy and i'd not actually thought of that. Yes, the Bradford player should automatically recieve the 3 match ban that Parkes would have gotten if the red had stood IMO. Of course that won't happen though.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair I would suggest that the rescinding doesn't necessarily indicate that it wasn't a foul.
Just that the "offence" was did not merit a sending off.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair I would suggest that the rescinding doesn't necessarily indicate that it wasn't a foul.
Just that the "offence" was did not merit a sending off.
Fair dos. Just can't stand divers whoever they play for.

Unless it's one of ours obviously.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not. Going. To. Happen.

In practice, the Laws of the Game mean nothing. Players now believe (with justification based on current refereeing practice) that they can go down with impunity if the defender even brushes against them, unless it is absolutely blatant. Not helped by TV pundits opining "there was contact" "he was entitled to go down" and suchlike nonsense.

It's cheating, plain and simple. It's always gone on, of course, but it is now out of control. Ditto feigning head injury and waving imaginary cards to get opponents booked / sent off.

Read this; to paraphrase: Player: I cheat all the time, but if I say it isn't a dive it isn't and anyway most of the time I get away with it. Manager: yes, that's fine.