• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2019

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes but what's the harm in using other platforms as well ? The candidate says he would like to increase Trust member numbers well it isn't going to help that worthy cause by only using the Trust website.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good point.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of the five trustees who are standing down, three are not up for election so a big thanks to Martin Weiler, Paul Farley and Chris Philips for all their efforts over the year. I'm sure others will be able to add more details but I know that Paul was already involved in the Trust and the Club when I was still living in Exeter 12 years ago.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Electioneering should be done on the Trust website where ALL trust members - the voters - have access, rather than Exeweb which has a limited audience. Even dear old Pete, an Exeweb stalwart, is not a trust member!
Apologies but, not to put too fine a point on it, I think you're talking gibberish.

I don't have any idea how many people look at the Trust website on anything like a regular basis but I'd wager a lot of money it's a fraction of the number who look at ExeWeb. In any case, it's plainly nonsense to suggest that some Trust members are excluded from accessing this site.

The Trust's continued success depends on its ability to speak to, and engage with, as many people as possible. With that in mind, I think it's great to see Ed Gallois making the effort to engage with members and would-be members, be it here on ExeWeb or on any other platform where there might be any interest in what they have to say. To suggest that you won't entertain voting for someone because they've shown a bit of gumption is IMO about as counterintuitive as it gets.

Andy Holloway

Apologies but, not to put too fine a point on it, I think you're talking gibberish.

I don't have any idea how many people look at the Trust website on anything like a regular basis but I'd wager a lot of money it's a fraction of the number who look at ExeWeb. In any case, it's plainly nonsense to suggest that some Trust members are excluded from accessing this site.

The Trust's continued success depends on its ability to speak to, and engage with, as many people as possible. With that in mind, I think it's great to see Ed Gallois making the effort to engage with members and would-be members, be it here on ExeWeb or on any other platform where there might be any interest in what they have to say. To suggest that you won't entertain voting for someone because they've shown a bit of gumption is IMO about as counterintuitive as it gets.
You're entitled to your opinion and i am entitled to mine, so i still won't be voting for him regardless of your opinion.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I won't be voting for anyone who doesn't seek the opinion of Exewebbers.

exeter-loyal

I won't be voting for anyone who doesn't seek the opinion of Exewebbers.
It's got to be put out their so fair shout.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Electioneering should be done on the Trust website where ALL trust members - the voters - have access, rather than Exeweb which has a limited audience. Even dear old Pete, an Exeweb stalwart, is not a trust member!
If ever there were an advertisement not to join the trust...

I bet the trust website is flush with visitors.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sends worrying signals that, at heart and in an ideal world, for the whole election thing should be the exclusive preserve of a small and self-selecting clique.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Welcome Ed - are you related to Will? One of our old Exiles FC stalwarts!
Thanks Jason! Yes, he's my big bruv. He'll be chuffed his Exiles FC days are remembered fondly on Exeweb!!! Ed