• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I looked at the 11v11 online.
Just checked..I was right :D..

Oldsmobile-88

We're in good form DWDWWWDDWW
With the 3 unbeaten games at the end of last season,the record for unbeaten games(13) has been equaled.

GJW

Don’t you mean WWDDWWWDWD?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Don’t you mean WWDDWWWDWD?
I'd agree that it looks the wrong way around, but most recent results are presented on the left hand side reading to the right.

exeter-loyal

We're in good form DWDWWWDDWW
As long as we don't see an L in there anytime soon were be alright!

Leads

Tough game well played by the lads. thought Richardson showed some naivety when chasing down the lose ball toward the end and could have tumbled over when challenged by the keeper, but, did well to try to make something from what appeared to be a lost cause. Ref was constantly conned by the Newport players, as for the pen decision I saw it as did Sea Grecian - that the Newport player deliberately took advantage of a "trailing leg" and should have been booked for diving.
Non the less a courageously hard-fought and well deserved point.
Have I read this incorrectly or have you criticised Richardson for not taking advantage of the situation and winning a penalty, whilst also criticising a Newport player for doing exactly that?

Red Devon

As long as we don't see an L in there anytime soon were be alright!

Not necessarily....there was a good interview with Nicky Law on Radio Devon this week saying we must not slip into the habit of protecting the unbeaten run..Nicky was saying that two wins and loss is better than three draws!

Arthur Davey

I second (or third) that. It was not a penalty. The Newport player came flying in and dived over one of the many trailing limbs.

It was only due to the slip and chaos that a penalty seemed inevitable. However, it was not a foul.

Bad luck with the slip. Strong point though! Ten games unbeaten!
Yep, likewise, that was how it looked to me, and those next to me.

Stelios

I second (or third) that. It was not a penalty. The Newport player came flying in and dived over one of the many trailing limbs.

It was only due to the slip and chaos that a penalty seemed inevitable. However, it was not a foul.

Bad luck with the slip. Strong point though! Ten games unbeaten!
That was my view of it too. Saw the player on the ground and ran straight for him to get himself tripped up in the melee.

scottus86

How on earth was that a penalty? Parkes must have been a lump on the floor for about 20 seconds before their player ran into the box and dived over him.