• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes of course it matters, surely our women’s team deserves to play in a women’s kit. This may already be the case, I am not aware if they do or if Joma do women’s kits.

If our city women’s team don’t have a women’s kit and Joma do one then we could start a fundraiser to buy the women’s team a proper kit.
It's really not difficult.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... Secondly, I have reached out to the Women's team, via twitter, and eagerly await their reply. ...

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
It's really not difficult.

Correct. I was about to post this url ...
https://www.joma-sport.com/en/soccer-and-indoor-woman

It will be interesting to see if ECFC Women's avail themselves of these kits as per the topic in hand.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Tbh, so would I. But the question has been asked and it has piqued my pedantic interest.

iscalad

Tbh, so would I. But the question has been asked and it has piqued my pedantic interest.
I deleted the post as I had a look at the shirts on the OS. Very similar to the mens. Anyway I would still be surprised.

Spoonz Red E

As far as I know, all the playing kit we have at the moment is from the male collection.

There has been some women's fit training kit.

I too think it would be good to have dedicated women's kit for the womens team and perhaps, as Dannyred says, it would be a popular fundraiser.
At the moment I think it's down to economy of scale as we have to order minimum runs on the playing kit which is a bespoke design.
This is also a factor with Club Shop stock. The shop tries to introduce women specific clothing if possible but with most of the range it is still mostly men's fit (or, with the use of practiced advertising sophistry, 'unisex').

ECFC Women's football is developing well after some hiccups and, yes, the Club could have done more to encourage women players earlier. I know it was one of the late Fran Jenkin's bugbears when she was heading the 'One Game One Community' group.

We now have a women's development team, two age bands on the training side and a commitment to extablishing a more thorough academy system for women and girls.
As that progresses the 'ordering in numbers' factor diminishes and it would be great to offer them a better fit with equipment.

Put any ideas to the Supporters Trust, City Community Trust or the Women's Team directly. Anything viable would be followed up.

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Thanks, Spoonz, much appreciated.
So, the answer is: Yes, No, and occasionally Sometimes. :LOL:
I'll have a ponder and, in the first instance, should anyone have ideas vis-a-vis fundraisers etc, perhaps we can take that offline / PM rather than muddy the waters here for now. (y)

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Hot off the press ...

Colesman Ballz

Sanity at last ! Well done Rae for asking the question and putting an end to all the dubious speculation !

DB9

As far as I know, all the playing kit we have at the moment is from the male collection.

There has been some women's fit training kit.

I too think it would be good to have dedicated women's kit for the womens team and perhaps, as Dannyred says, it would be a popular fundraiser.
At the moment I think it's down to economy of scale as we have to order minimum runs on the playing kit which is a bespoke design.
This is also a factor with Club Shop stock. The shop tries to introduce women specific clothing if possible but with most of the range it is still mostly men's fit (or, with the use of practiced advertising sophistry, 'unisex').

ECFC Women's football is developing well after some hiccups and, yes, the Club could have done more to encourage women players earlier. I know it was one of the late Fran Jenkin's bugbears when she was heading the 'One Game One Community' group.

We now have a women's development team, two age bands on the training side and a commitment to extablishing a more thorough academy system for women and girls.
As that progresses the 'ordering in numbers' factor diminishes and it would be great to offer them a better fit with equipment.

Put any ideas to the Supporters Trust, City Community Trust or the Women's Team directly. Anything viable would be followed up.
A really good reply there Spoonz, A women's kit would be great as and when economics dictate, To have them for sale in the shop will be a great sign of how the team is progressing and people buying them can only be a good thing. As for the team, They're happy with their kit at the moment so no more to be said