• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
My point is he has only been PM for a certain number of days , If he had been PM for the last 2-3 years then yes he would ultimately be responsible .
And no my son has never and will never make any sort of proper recovery , he was wrongly diagnosed by 2 stand in foreign doctors and 1 British doctor before he was hospitalised.
I am totally sorry for your son. I'm happy you said your experience with the hospital was a good one and up and down the country the NHS and it's staff do amazing things under very trying circumstances but this father experience was not as good, As for Johnson, He has been part of a political party that has been in power since 2010 (2010-15 in coalition) Whether he's been PM for 6 weeks or six years he has been part of decision making for years, Whether as Mayor of London, MP, Member of the Cabinet and now PM

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Probably only of minority interest on here, but Liz Truss and a counterpart from Oz are considering free movement of people between the UK and Oz as part of a wider trade deal. Certainly of interest to a few people I know from both sides of the world

Avening Posse

I see Corbyn has stated he feels the prospect of becoming prime minister daunting. Chill out Jeremy, I'm daunted when I dream about playing for Exeter in the cup final, but that's not gonna happen either

Mr Jinx

Probably only of minority interest on here, but Liz Truss and a counterpart from Oz are considering free movement of people between the UK and Oz as part of a wider trade deal. Certainly of interest to a few people I know from both sides of the world
Interesting. Imagine if we got one with Canada too...as well as the US. I think I'd be off like a shot!

Rosencrantz

Someone posted earlier about the BBC Political Editor Laura Kuenssberg's reaction if Corbyn was PM and the same thing happened if he visited a hospital, Well it was Ms Kuenssbergs tweet that said the Father was a Labour Party Activist. Here below is a rant from James O'Brien of LBC on the situation, Yes he's probably left of centre in the political side of things but what he's saying is a sad indicment of the whole political way things are now

Political reporters are on to a loser from both sides of the political spectrum when it comes to Twitter or any other social media. Laura Kuenssberg and Robert Peston (and doubtless others) both get accused (and abused) with bias towards both sides by the seemingly permanent outraged supporters of Labour/Conservatives or Brexiters/Remainers. The rhetoric that has built against the mainstream media has dragged in British TV news which still maintain neutrality and objectivity (and ties itself in knots at time doing so).

IndoMike

I implied no such thing. As I have suspected for some time - you have completely lost it.

(To save you checking, I am not Jason H. It's seems like for you, the other side has morphed into one entity.)
Haha. Sorry Jinxy. Wrong Leaver. Not concentrating

DB9

Think today is the 30th day deadline that Merkel gave us to come up with concrete ideas, Johnson said he would rise to that challenge, So expect big news today!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm sure India and Pakistan will be keeping a close eye on developments.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Haha. Sorry Jinxy. Wrong Leaver. Not concentrating
Got to get in some lazy labelling too, I see - while if there were a 2nd referendum I would unequivocally vote leave, I have never disclosed which way I voted in the referendum.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Problems with Islamophobia still not being dealt with by the Tory party