• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ajose is too good for the division, those critical already will eat their words.

Grecian Max

Source: I saw him play for Swindon multiple times in League 1, I trust my own eyes.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Source: I saw him play for Swindon multiple times in League 1, I trust my own eyes.
I hope you're right, we may need him later on, but that was several seasons ago.

In any case can't see him getting in the team in the short term even if fit. Seymour looked lively on Tuesday night and IMO deserves a run of a few games to try to make his mark, as Sparkes has done.

Banksy

Ajose is too good for the division, those critical already will eat their words.
Well he’d better hurry up and prove it then.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
With that simplistic approach I'm glad you aren't involved in player recruitment.

Time and time again a player will be successful having been unsuccessful at his previous club (even when the club is in the same division).

Regarding his stats, they are actually pretty decent.
Yes good example Jamie C not exactly ripping up trees prior to first signing for us....then when leaving to join Orient far from prolific....finding us form again after rejoining us.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if Angus has been chatting to Ajose in Burger King.

Colesman Ballz

I was listening to some pros on the wireless the other day and they reckoned a new signing or a returning injured player needs 10 games to get into the swing of things.
O 'er missus !

Red Devon

Yes good example Jamie C not exactly ripping up trees prior to first signing for us....then when leaving to join Orient far from prolific....finding us form again after rejoining us.

Could possibly add Stockley to that list as well.

Stelios

This injury does not sound good. Don't think much good has ever come out of a 'knee scan'.

Main concern is 'attitude' rather than talent. I did a trawl on Twitter when we were first linked to him to him and the comments from Charlton fans were not encouraging at all. 'Ego' etc. Don't think he set the world alight at Mansfield either. Obviously Twitter is a bit of a cesspit so not a fair environment to judge him but contrast this with Motherwell fans who on the whole never doubted Bowman's attitude and workrate. Looks like they were spot on. Mind you, oppostion Scottish fans just thought he was a thug with sharp elbows.

MT said he had good references from Charlton staff (but they would say that, wouldn't they???...........). Think the idea when signing him was he would finally be able to 'settle down' at a club so hope the injury isn't too serious.

He could have an ego the size of Devon for I all I care if he scores 20 goals a year but if you're not playing and not scoring it's not a good look. Even in all the little official videos and interviews and bits online he comes across as a bit of a miserabe sod. None of that matters if he can do it on the pitch of course.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
He looked good when he was at Swindon granted. But he was 22 or so at that point and got himself a big money move to Charlton. Since then he's not exactly kicked on and hasn't had glowing reports from any club he's been at.

If he recreates his Swindon form then I'll happily hold my hands up and admit I know nothing.