• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale 17/9/19 Match Day Thread

End Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Parkes for Martin seems inevitable.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I predict starts for Richardson and Fisher. 2-0. Att: 3648

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I rate Lee Martin however Bowman and Fisher together could be an interesting combo, both lads have a physical presence, both have a decent touch and both can score goals.

Also if we are going to play with wing backs both Bowman and Fisher can hold the ball up allowing the likes of Law and Taylor to get forward.

We have some good options at the moment.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Expecting Jay, Richardson and possibly Fisher to start tonight but not sure who'll be left out if they do. Lee Martin for Jay seems logical. Tom Parkes might even get the nod over Martin at centre back.
When Jay has played this season it has been in centre midfield in place of either Taylor or Law so if Lee Martin is rested the logical replacement would be either Seymour or Fisher. As for Richardson we've barely seen him since his stunning debut against Oldham and reports suggest he hasn't been particularly impressive; if he comes in it would be for Williams but Taylor seems to expect him to play the full 90 and not rest him or try to conserve his energy so personally I would expect him to start.
For me the only change I would predcit in defence or midfield would be Parkes for Aaron Martin but I haven't a clue who will be picked in attack to fill the last 2 places.

TSW1389

going 2-0 tonight.
expect to see Parkes play maybe for Martin but this does lead to a 2 left footed centre back paring which MT doesnt seem to like or we got to a back 3 possibley

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
going 2-0 tonight.
expect to see Parkes play maybe for Martin but this does lead to a 2 left footed centre back paring which MT doesnt seem to like or we got to a back 3 possibley
Yep. If they attack down the left channel might cause a problem..

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would like to see

Maxted
(i thought Ward was a bit slow to react on Saturdey and if you have two first team goalies give them both a go keep them on their toes)
Sweeney Parkes Moxey
Richardson Sparkes
(I would rest Williams ahead of Saturday)
Taylor Law Martin
Bowman Fisher

Subs Ward Williams Seymour Collins Martin Woodman Jay

If Richardson isn't getting the crosses in I would do an early 2nd half substitution for Williams

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would like to see

Maxted
(i thought Ward was a bit slow to react on Saturdey and if you have two first team goalies give them both a go keep them on their toes)
Jesus Christ, that is harsh.

Ward has hardly put a foot wrong this season, you don't tinker with your goalkeepers unless you have to.

LOG

Some people seem to be talking about this like it's a training match.

By all means make changes if necessary but we shouldn't need to be thinking about resting players at this point of the season.

IndoMike

Some people seem to be talking about this like it's a training match.

By all means make changes if necessary but we shouldn't need to be thinking about resting players at this point of the season.
I tend to agree with you. Maybe we got too carried away with the Carlisle victory and then a little too disappointed with the Orient game. Sometimes it's easier to play away from home, too : counter attack 'n all.
Matt T's press chat however did suggest that he wants to make changes.