• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry for the slow reply John I've been away. Thanks for that information, very interesting. So it seems that the unofficial drinks stops that took place when someone was injured are almost official now. Obviously coaches quickly make any points they want to get across during the break. How long will it be before each team can call a 90 second timeout in each half, similar to what they do in Basket Ball and the NFL?
I'm surmising that they have been "guided" to add 30 seconds for each sub, booking, goal celebration etc. regardless of context, taking away their judgement about time-wasting etc. You certainly used to get managers whining at the ref and 4th official if their team was behind and wanted lots of extra time (Lincoln in the PO SF?), but if the ref thought they'd been naughty boys he might not be minded to let them profit. Now this may be almost part of the standard game. If so we (ECFC) need to "get with the programme".

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
See that Newport defender Ryan Inniss has been hit with a 5 match suspension, starting this weekend, for biting an opponent. This includes our L2 match at Rodney Parade, but he will be available for selection again from October 8th, when coincidentally we are due to visit Rodney Parade again in the EFL Trophy.

Surely FIFA could stop this "Suarez style" nonsense, by insisting that any players guilty of this offence, are never allowed to play the game subsequently unless they are wearing a muzzle ? LOL !

Avening Posse

Player of the month nominee Swindon's own Bradord loanee Eoin Doyle. I wonder what the Bantham fans think of him now, at the time of the loan a lot were happy that he had gone, apparently on £5k per week but he certainly has made his mark at Swindon 5 goals to date compared to Bradford's 8 in the league. Swindon obviously playing to a style that suits him, last season he was the Bantams top scorer with 11 (6 pens)

Recent bantam fan comment
"The amount of points Doyle has earned Swindon through his goals: 5

Where Swindon would have been without Doyle's goals: 19th.

Where Swindon are with Doyle's goals: 5th.

"whenever a team 'plays his strengths' they do badly."

Yeah Jon, those poor Swindon fans who have to endure the pain of a goal scorer keeping them in promotion contention. If Wellens has any sense he'd send him back and replace him with a 5 goal a season man who can defend corners. "

Hopefully when Ajose starts firing in he will do a Doyle
I'm curious about this. It seems strange that a League 2 club would loan a known goalscorer to a rival within the same division. Maybe they can't really afford the salary, or maybe he's fallen out up there, or his family are down south or something ?

IndoMike

EFL being sued by Middlesboro re some alleged unacceptable financial movements by Derby to gain advantage. EFL allegedly not adhering to its own rules.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm curious about this. It seems strange that a League 2 club would loan a known goalscorer to a rival within the same division. Maybe they can't really afford the salary, or maybe he's fallen out up there, or his family are down south or something ?
At the time I think it was the known goal scorer aspect that was the problem he scored 11 goals last season 6 of which were penalties. But then again Bradford are notorious for letting good players go, the previous season they did let go the best midfielder in the division, known as the crab when he left, because of always playing the ball to the side, I believe.....

IndoMike

At the time I think it was the known goal scorer aspect that was the problem he scored 11 goals lasy season 6 of which were penalties. But then again Bradford are notorious for letting good players go the previous season they did let go the best midfielder in the division known as the crab when he left I believe.....
For which we are eternally grateful. They must be thick oop North.

les.gtfc

Over 2500 tickets sold to STH's on the first day of ticket sales for our game at Chelsea. Don't think we'll sell our full allocation of 5118 but it's going to be another great day/evening out.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a signing Eoin Doyle has been for Swindon - another two for him today

And the Radfords in the East Midlands must be wondering what they need to do having thrown so much money at Mansfield and they are 16th after another away defeat, and the great Nicky Maynard not setting the world alight there

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

What a signing Eoin Doyle has been for Swindon - another two for him today

And the Radfords in the East Midlands must be wondering what they need to do having thrown so much money at Mansfield and they are 16th after another away defeat, and the great Nicky Maynard not setting the world alight there
Given that Swindon are above Bradford in the table, and are direct competitors for promotion, don't bet against them recalling him, even if it is just to sit in their reserves !

Oldsmobile-88

Over 2500 tickets sold to STH's on the first day of ticket sales for our game at Chelsea. Don't think we'll sell our full allocation of 5118 but it's going to be another great day/evening out.
Those poncy pubs & hipster cafes on the Kings Rd will not know what hit ‘em when a load of real lads & lasses visit them..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.