• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Leyton Orient Match Day Thread.

Grecianpasty

I feared the worst when Fisher came on, but thank god I know nothing about football. That guy had more of an impact in 10 minutes than bowman did all game. I'm happy for the bloke

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Leyton Orient very much a Jeckyll and Hyde team.....reasonably behaved until they were in the lead.

At which point they seemed to flick a switch and turn into a dirty, cheating set of bar stewards. As others have said nothing subtle just out and out thuggery and play acting......both Wycombe and Lincoln could take lessons from them and that really says it all.

We did not help ourselves at times and will not stay unbeaten for ever. Indeed I will not mind if we lose to a better team but to have to a such a team of cheaters would have been very hard to take and to score so late with Nicky Law’s penalty was no more than we deserved.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Soft penalty.
It was but I've seen softer.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
He did not have a good game, was a bit of a statue at times, and yeah he possibly wasn't pro-active in getting in there first.

Dragging him off, if there's no injury is pretty damning.
Have a feeling he will be back on the naughty step now. Having said that playing in his position is a bit of a poison chalice as he and everyone else playing in that position, has to perform to the utmost to satisfy MT whom in his playing days was a totally committed and excellent defender.

tavyred

‘Orrible Orient! 😡

Citygaff

The Club's match report

I swear the keeper was booked?? Which makes it 7 players?

DB9

I swear the keeper was booked?? Which makes it 7 players?
Theirs was for time wasting

Citygaff

Theirs was for time wasting
yes but doesn't shown it on the match report or bbc report.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have seen a fair few worse than that , at least he added the time wasting time on at the end and he gave us the penalty ,which could easily not have been given by most refs
That was only to make up for cancelling Nicky Laws perfectly good goal.

That was the most inept refereeing display I have seen in a long while. He had no control of the match, he should have sent off two of their players at least but bottled it 'cos it was their second booking and he didn't have the balls. As Matt Taylor queried why book the goalkeeper if you are not prepared to book him again for the same actions, Brill persistantly wasted time at every opportunity even feigning injury at one stage (at least the ref didn't stop play for it)

Orient are something else! I hope they get relegated (along with Mansfield) with their cynical tactics, which the referee allowed them to get away with. They were intent on the draw from the very beginning taking their time with all the dead ball situations, cynically fouling players when beaten. They weren't game managing they were outright cheating. I feel sorry for their fans, good turnout and quite noisy shame they have to follow such shit

PeteUSA

No mention of Bowman yet? Two awful misses again today as he continues to prove he's not an out and out goalscorer. He's a grafter, of that theres no doubt, but those misses were bad. We could have had the game out of sight if he'd only put those away.