• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our Academy getting noticed.......Again

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but not a bad article

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but not a bad article
Great article, but amusing to note that Deano's 'happy as Larry' goal gets scored from further out with every re-telling. A shot that was at best taken from half-way inside the Donny half is now a 50-yard wonder goal!

Colesman Ballz

Great article, but amusing to note that Deano's 'happy as Larry' goal gets scored from further out with every re-telling. A shot that was at best taken from half-way inside the Donny half is now a 50-yard wonder goal!
That is a bit harsh on our "Boy Wonder and could point to lack of proficiency in your trigonometry skills SEA G !

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is a bit harsh on our "Boy Wonder and could point to lack of proficiency in your trigonometry skills SEA G !
Actually watching the video again I may have done Deano a slight disservice as he scored from closer to the centre circle then I remembered. Still don't think it was anywhere near 50 yards, though!

Colesman Ballz

Actually watching the video again I may have done Deano a slight disservice as he scored from closer to the centre circle then I remembered. Still don't think it was anywhere near 50 yards, though!
Nah, you will have to do better than that ! I would concede that it does all depend on the size of the pitch at the time (pre the movement to accommodate the latest redevelopment). I am sure that someone can correct me if I'm wrong but 104yds long x 76yds wide springs to mind. So if for example Deano shot from 10 yards over the half way line, the ball travelled 42 yds towards the BB. Likewise if Deano shot from 10 yards in from the OGS touchline, and the Ball crossed the goal line just inside the far post, it also travelled 32 yards across the pitch.

Whatever way you look at it, it was one helluva goal with a momentous result for City. It may have travelled less distance than Arron Martin's 60 yd effort against FGR last season, but it was a thing of beauty rather than an astonishing goalkeeper howler !

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whatever way you look at it, it was one helluva goal with a momentous result for City. It may have travelled less distance than Arron Martin's 60 yd effort against FGR last season, but it was a thing of beauty rather than an astonishing goalkeeper howler !
The other thing I love about the clip is watching Scotty Hiley congratulating Deano and it's amazing that 15 years later the roles have reversed and Deano is now the senior pro passing on his experience to the latest youngsters.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The other thing I love about the clip is watching Scotty Hiley congratulating Deano and it's amazing that 15 years later the roles have reversed and Deano is now the senior pro passing on his experience to the latest youngsters.
Lets hope that in another 15 years it will be Archie Collins and Jack Sparkes doing the same.

tonykellowfan

Great article, although this made me laugh:

"Three quarters of a million pounds from the sale of Grimes helped to fund the aesthetic pitches at the training ground."

Presumably that should be "synthetic pitches".

iscalad

Great article, although this made me laugh:

"Three quarters of a million pounds from the sale of Grimes helped to fund the aesthetic pitches at the training ground."

Presumably that should be "synthetic pitches".
They are very pretty.

Grecian2K

Presumably their predictive text program (a bit like the Argiggle pitch) has a suspect algaerithm?