• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln Job

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The Lincoln equivalent named their potential front runners - all the names mentioned above (I wonder if the OP took from the Lincoln rag) plus a couple of others but no Taylor.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Lincoln equivalent named their potential front runners - all the names mentioned above (I wonder if the OP took from the Lincoln rag) plus a couple of others but no Taylor.
Exactly, With respect to MT he hasn't achieved anything of note yet, This season it's his team, Come end of season then we can say if it's been a decent one or not

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lincoln should go all out to get Michael Flynn, I think he'd be a great fit for them.

IndoMike

Taylor is 20/1. No way will he get offered the job and no way will he want it (yet)

Larry Wilkie

Would very much like to see Flynn get it!
The locals here in Newport would heartily disagree!!
Fair to say they would be devastated to see him go.

Grecianpasty

I'm totally missing your point with this thread. Taylor had an OK season last year with a squad that never looked like promotion material, and we know full well we're off to a flyer this term. Why on earth is he likely to interest Lincoln City at the moment? I doubt if their fans would be very impressed. The current season will be the yardstick as to how marketable Matt Taylor is.
Taylor lead us to an outside promotion spot without stockley, boateng and Troy brown (who was arguably our best centre back) in his first season as a manager.

He epitomises the ideology of youth from top to bottom.

Yes its early doors, but to question why a club like Lincoln would not be even remotely interested in Taylor is disrespectful to the work that he has already put in.

I was sceptical about the appointment at first. And even the style of play leads a lot to be desired. However, bit by bit we are seeing how much desire these players have to play for there manager. Our fitness levels are impeccable, and unless you didn't notice we beat Carlisle in a game where radio devon commentary said it would not be an exaggeration if we scored 8 goals.

I'm glad that he's been recognised as someone who could step into the Lincoln job. As long as that's as far as it goes.

DB9

Taylor lead us to an outside promotion spot without stockley, boateng and Troy brown (who was arguably our best centre back) in his first season as a manager.

Yes its early doors, but to question why a club like Lincoln would not be even remotely interested in Taylor is disrespectful to the work that he has already put in.

I was sceptical about the appointment at first. And even the style of play leads a lot to be desired. However, bit by bit we are seeing how much desire these players have to play for there manager. Our fitness levels are impeccable, and unless you didn't notice we beat Carlisle in a game where radio devon commentary said it would not be an exaggeration if we scored 8 goals.

I'm glad that he's been recognised as someone who could step into the Lincoln job. As long as that's as far as it goes.
It's not disrespectful, it's that MT in footballing terms to other clubs is that he hasn't done anything of note outside of this club, If he gets us promoted then that might be different

IndoMike

I was never skeptical about Matt but he is still learning. Lincoln is a club with a big following and ambition. The Cowleys for all their sins are a big act to follow : they picked Lincoln up and have taken them far, inspiring the local community too. It would be hard to follow them at this stage of the season. Maybe if Matt takes us up to Div 1 and we establish ourselves there another club might go for him. Just my opinion of course :

Red Devon

The locals here in Newport would heartily disagree!!
Fair to say they would be devastated to see him go.

Not surprised he’s doing an amazing job at that club...hence the reason for wanting him to go!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not disrespectful, it's that MT in footballing terms to other clubs is that he hasn't done anything of note outside of this club, If he gets us promoted then that might be different
Next Preston manager.