• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle v Exeter City Matchday Thread.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I grew up watching Flack lead the line, I’m not spoiled in terms of goalscorer ;)
Too be fair Flacky was a hard worker. Ah for Binney, Kells and Dazza.

Red Bill

I now it already been said several time but it's just so refreshing to listen to Matt Taylor's interviews. Personal circumstances have meant I haven't been able to get to matches much so i'very watched a couple of them back on ifollow.
Mat Taylor's assessment was a perfect warts and all description of Saturday's game as I saw it. So different from the previous manages intellectualised waffle.
It seems crazy when you're top of the league and have just won 3-0 away to criticise, but MT was spot on, it was a good rather than great performance. And we definitely should have scored more, Bowman and Martin not only could've but should've had hatricks. In terms of a true reflection of the game in terms of chances, no one could have complained if the score had been 1-7. But we did miss some sitters, and gave the ball away unnecessarily a few times trying long passes when simpler nes that would have more effective were on. We're generally looking really solid at the back for the first time since MT was a player, but are still capable of lapses, the ball seemed to hang in the air a long time before the Carlisle headed into the net for their goal, I felt someone, maybe Martin couls'very at least made that a bit harder. With MT, you know from his comments that he'll have noticed that and will be addressing it, rather than waffling on about teams being entitled to score.

Matt has built a brilliant squad, we could completely change Saturday's starting 11 and still put out a decent team. Is this the strongest squad we've had in the Trust era?
He seems so willing to keep trying new things and give players the opportunity to show what their best postion is, that seems to be paying off, as appear to have found an adaptable formation that suits us and is working for the players.

Well done Matt, we know you're still learning and there will be low points as well, but you're doing a bleddy good job so far and I for one have complete confidence you'll sort things out for us!

IndoMike

Too be fair Flacky was a hard worker. Ah for Binney, Kells and Dazza.
And Banksy.. and Beer...

IndoMike

I now it already been said several time but it's just so refreshing to listen to Matt Taylor's interviews. Personal circumstances have meant I haven't been able to get to matches much so i'very watched a couple of them back on ifollow.
Mat Taylor's assessment was a perfect warts and all description of Saturday's game as I saw it. So different from the previous manages intellectualised waffle.
It seems crazy when you're top of the league and have just won 3-0 away to criticise, but MT was spot on, it was a good rather than great performance. And we definitely should have scored more, Bowman and Martin not only could've but should've had hatricks. In terms of a true reflection of the game in terms of chances, no one could have complained if the score had been 1-7. But we did miss some sitters, and gave the ball away unnecessarily a few times trying long passes when simpler nes that would have more effective were on. We're generally looking really solid at the back for the first time since MT was a player, but are still capable of lapses, the ball seemed to hang in the air a long time before the Carlisle headed into the net for their goal, I felt someone, maybe Martin couls'very at least made that a bit harder. With MT, you know from his comments that he'll have noticed that and will be addressing it, rather than waffling on about teams being entitled to score.

Matt has built a brilliant squad, we could completely change Saturday's starting 11 and still put out a decent team. Is this the strongest squad we've had in the Trust era?
He seems so willing to keep trying new things and give players the opportunity to show what their best postion is, that seems to be paying off, as appear to have found an adaptable formation that suits us and is working for the players.

Well done Matt, we know you're still learning and there will be low points as well, but you're doing a bleddy good job so far and I for one have complete confidence you'll sort things out for us!
Too true. Just about Tisdale : if you see the full interview with him after their 0-4 lisscat home to Posh 2 weeks ago you'll get a classic example of Tisdale's rather strange ramblings with bs added in.
To be fair, I heard Bobby Gough and another ex-- top division player sing his praises, say what a nice bloke he is (....and good golfer, too).

IndoMike

Matt Taylor's interview post-Carlisle

Colesman Ballz

I mentioned Bowman because there we two chances in particular that he should have put away. I know he’s not a mega goalscorer, but when it’s on the plate...

Liam Martin missed a sitter too.
Who ? It can be confusing enough with two players in the team sharing the same name, nevermind three

PeteUSA

As expected, their keeper Adam Collin, was their man of the match.

Which doesn't say a lot because he was poor on our second and really poor on our third. It looks like the ball went clean through his legs for number two, and he decided he wasnt taking a chance on getting hurt by coming off of his line feet first for our third. I thought Ward had another excellent game though, which is more important.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which doesn't say a lot because he was poor on our second and really poor on our third. It looks like the ball went clean through his legs for number two, and he decided he wasnt taking a chance on getting hurt by coming off of his line feet first for our third. I thought Ward had another excellent game though, which is more important.
I thought their keeper played a blinder, he pulled off some miraculous saves. When you pepper the goal with that many opportunities some are bound to go in, it's very much a numbers game.

Ward didnt have a lot to do for long sections of the game but he looked decent enough when called upon. The goal was very disappointing from a defensive point of view because we had so many opportunities to clear our lines.

PeteUSA

I thought their keeper played a blinder, he pulled off some miraculous saves. When you pepper the goal with that many opportunities some are bound to go in, it's very much a numbers game.
He did play a blinder, which should make him all the more disappointed with the second two. As good as he was he was no lightweight, which probably factored in to the ball straight at him that he couldn't get down to. And letting in our third from that angle was criminal. Self preservation is all many keepers seem to think of these days; sliding out studs first like that leaves a virtually open goal much of the time.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Aaron Martin in the EFL team of the week