• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Model kit Building (Hobby Thread)

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone knows where I can pic up a model VW caddy or Transporter (t4 to T5) or a crafter please let me know.. I need one to dress up with works emblems on

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surely a dinning table with newspaper covering it with masking tape to keep it in place is all you need lol :)
Yep sounds easy but Mrs DB9 is getting a bit fed up with me using the kitchen table and our house layout means on the ground floor we only have a kitchen, Loo and very small bedroom, Lounge and Bedroom on first floor and two bedrooms and bathroom on top floor. I'd love to use one of the spare bedrooms but we have the Grankids over and I'd be dog meat if i asked the good lady if i can convert one of those bedrooms!! :D :D :D

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Yep sounds easy but Mrs DB9 is getting a bit fed up with me using the kitchen table and our house layout means on the ground floor we only have a kitchen, Loo and very small bedroom, Lounge and Bedroom on first floor and two bedrooms and bathroom on top floor. I'd love to use one of the spare bedrooms but we have the Grankids over and I'd be dog meat if i asked the good lady if i can convert one of those bedrooms!! :D :D :D
Got a shed??

DB9

If anyone knows where I can pic up a model VW caddy or Transporter (t4 to T5) or a crafter please let me know.. I need one to dress up with works emblems on
You could if you feel brave enough buy a VW Golf kit and convert it into a Caddy?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Cant be any worse than Mrs Ramone coming home to find her dishwasher stinking of de-greaser and 2 V8 cylinder heads and various engine parts on a hot rinse cycle DB !

DB9

Got a shed??
Yep, 6ft x 3ft full of stuff plus no garage. But we are hoping to move soon (Back to Devon with luck) and its one of my criteria to have some me space

DB9

Cant be any worse than Mrs Ramone coming home to find her dishwasher stinking of de-greaser and 2 V8 cylinder heads and various engine parts on a hot rinse cycle DB !
Ha Ha, That sounds like my old Dad when i was a kid, Fixing his motorbike in the house!!

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, 6ft x 3ft full of stuff plus no garage. But we are hoping to move soon (Back to Devon with luck) and its one of my criteria to have some me space
Must confess because of the ebay business side of things we bought our house because of the out houses to store stock, a massive attic which we have since floored, plus the conservatory :) all for 150'000..

when we were looking Cullompton tiverton and Chudleigh had some pretty good sized houses that weren't all that over priced

Last edited:
Reactions: DB9

DB9

Must confess because of the ebay business side of things we bought our house because of the out houses to store stock, a massive attic which we have since floored, plus the conservatory :) all for 150'000..

when we were looking Cullompton tiverton and Chudleigh had some pretty good sized houses that weren't all that over priced
Been looking at places in and around Exeter, It's a compremise, My good lady doesn't want to go back to N Devon like i do because of distance from Kids and Grandkids so that is our area, Although i like the Tiverton area

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
So having 5 minutes today I thought I would give the Chevy bonnet a quick blow over this is a mix of candy cherry red and right afterwards to very light dust coat of the gold glitter spray had to use the dog ball throwing thing for the glitter to make it further away so as to not lay it on too heavy which worked quite well when this is cured properly it will get a colour sand then lacquered over the top as you can see a little orange peel in the second pic isn't major but still needs to be a high gloss finish.
Just gotta figure a way of colouring the glass green may have to use a Quality Street wrapper !

Attachments