• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Model kit Building (Hobby Thread)

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Worth a watch... the finish looks fabulous

This bloke is obviously been at it a while but totally impressed with the Tamyia Paints and Lacquer that's why I've used them, No where near that standard, Never used a clear lacquer but now i have a spray gun i will try when i feel brave enough and practiced, Looking at his spray gun its such a difference and so much more control than just using a spray can, more direct and the paint goes a lt further, The key is a thin coat at a time and evenly sprayed, The paint it self looked awesome but the clear lacquer just stepped it up a notch, Add the decals and it looked the dogs bollox. Long gone are the days when you hand painted and the streak marks were so obvious unless you were really skilled

Last edited:

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
This bloke is obviously been at it a while but totally impressed with the Tamyia Paints and Lacquer that's why I've used them, No where near that standard, Never used a clear lacquer but now i have a spray gun i will try when i feel brave enough and practiced, Looking at his spray gun its such a difference and so much more control than just using a spray can, more direct and the paint goes a lt further, The key is a thin coat at a time and evenly sprayed, The paint it self looked awesome but the clear lacquer just stepped it up a notch, Add the decals and it looked the dogs bollox. Long gone are the days when you hand painted and the streak marks were so obvious unless you were really skilled
Yep twas impressed.. what air brush you bought? I have a cheap Chinese copy which I got for 20 quid to play with, and just bought an Iwata Neo second hand on ebay which I need to clean ah its sht high with paint but not sure if they used enamel or acrylic.. so a strip down and a dunk in my sonic cleaner.. then ill have a play with it

DB9

Yep twas impressed.. what air brush you bought? I have a cheap Chinese copy which I got for 20 quid to play with, and just bought an Iwata Neo second hand on ebay which I need to clean ah its sht high with paint but not sure if they used enamel or acrylic.. so a strip down and a dunk in my sonic cleaner.. then ill have a play with it
I've got a Expo AB605, Cost me around £70 from this great Model shop in Salisbury. The owner was amazing, Soon as he knew i was genuinely interested in buying one he went through it bit by bit, From using it to cleaning it

DB9

Please note Lez, Took this from the net as i have no idea how to upload my own photos on here but its exactly the same as i got including what i think is a very nice case to put it in, Not sure if the price was about right but wanted one with a bit of quality

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a Expo AB605, Cost me around £70 from this great Model shop in Salisbury. The owner was amazing, Soon as he knew i was genuinely interested in buying one he went through it bit by bit, From using it to cleaning it

View attachment 1168
Looks like a nice set.. the airbrush looks like my Chinese copy :)

Screenshot 2019-09-07 at 17.29.41.png

and my new one that I need to give a good clean
Screenshot 2019-09-07 at 17.27.41.png

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I went shopping.. sadly they didnt have the range

Screenshot 2019-09-07 at 17.32.31.png

DB9

I went shopping.. sadly they didnt have the range

View attachment 1173
Probably is, Most things come from China :D That'll keep you in paint for a while!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Found a really nice colour earlier may need a couple of pots and some different thinners for the Chevy in my wife's nail varnish kit !
May also try some of the Warhammer colours as they seem to have some wicked tints.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Found a really nice colour earlier may need a couple of pots and some different thinners for the Chevy in my wife's nail varnish kit !
May also try some of the Warhammer colours as they seem to have some wicked tints.
War hammer is way bigger than I thought! surprised me

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
War hammer is way bigger than I thought! surprised me
Yeah wasn't til I was in Collets Exmouth that I was shown the colour section it has.