• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2019

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
This could be a misprint for Western Furry, in which case all the batsmen would be rabbits.

I suggest we set up our own franchise, to be called Exeter Couldntgiveatossibles. We would change the rules slightly by having two 50-ball overs, thereby avoiding all that tedious changing round. This would have the additional advantage of getting the whole thing over and done with more quickly.
Liking your thinking here Mr Hound (y)

Can we also include:

1. Throwing custard pies at batters who get a first ball duck.

2. Umpires who make two bad decisions put in the stocks for unlimited verbal abuse.

3. Bowlers bowling a no ball to suffer a 50 run penalty and be forced to don a frock to bowl the free hit ball.

4. Abolish the toss and let the crowd have a yay or nay based on the fancy dress that the captains have chosen to wear.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Paul Stirling is leaving Middx at the end of the season as the rules re: Ireland players change at the end of 2019 and he would from 2020 be considered an overseas player.

Alistair20000

Paul Stirling is leaving Middx at the end of the season as the rules re: Ireland players change at the end of 2019 and he would from 2020 be considered an overseas player.
He looked horribly unfit at the Ageas and County Ground last week.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He looked horribly unfit at the Ageas and County Ground last week.
He's always looked horribly unfit!

Alistair20000

He's always looked horribly unfit!
I thought he looked more portly than before. The beard does not help. :)

In other news, the excellent Gareth Berg, once of your shires, is leaving Hampshire for Northants after 5 years of service. You said he would be a gem if he could stay fit and you were spot on. (y)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gave Debm a look-in at the County Ground this afternoon. 45 for 1 (in pursuit of 207) when I got there, and 100 for 4 when I left. Finally all out 120, so it's Division Two for them in 2020. (n)

Colesman Ballz

Gave Debm a look-in at the County Ground this afternoon. 45 for 1 (in pursuit of 207) when I got there, and 100 for 4 when I left. Finally all out 120, so it's Division Two for them in 2020. (n)
Looks like an early end to your career as a lucky rabbit's foot !

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like an early end to your career as a lucky rabbit's foot !
They've said they'll set the dog on me if I show my face again!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Somerset's Head Groundsman is to defect to Hampshire.

Alistair20000

Somerset's Head Groundsman is to defect to Hampshire.

People called Lee jumping ship this week is catching on :)

Hampshire have had a temporary HG this season after their previous man defected to Lord's last winter. He was not called Lee.