• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

SDRighton

I accept i'm probably in a very small minority but i'm struggling to get much joy from all these posts highlighting what the club has lost, in exchange for a bag of beans, after nuturing the boy's talent for several years.
Agree 100%

budegrecian

At least there are add-ons and sell-on (10%?).
Taggy said the fee was over the odds (100k?) but complained about the general academy-player nickers.
I think people are happy for Jay but ****** off with the system
Yes, I think your last sentence sums it up very well.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I accept i'm probably in a very small minority but i'm struggling to get much joy from all these posts highlighting what the club has lost, in exchange for a bag of beans, after nuturing the boy's talent for several years.
I’m extremely glad for the young chap , but feel exactly the same as you.Same goes for the Ampadu thread and no doubt the Chrisene one in due course.

STURTZ

Hear, hear, we do wonders in finding and bringing on our youth prospects and yet the fat cats still end up with the cream, we're just saving them a job really.

andrew p long

I too agree that the system is awful. The thing that is good in Jay doing so well is it’s good for him. Plus if he becomes a world beating galactico we get a slightly less small bag of beans...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see Carlisle Utd are unhappy with the system as well

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

STURTZ

Nipping round the back and tucking them in!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely this thread although appreciating what the lad is doing is just rubbing salt into the wounds. The lad is doing well and settled in we need to move on now

grecIAN Harris

Me personally, I'm not really bothered. He had no impact on the first team and chose to leave before he could get that far. To be perfectly honest, if his surname wasn't Stansfield I don't suppose there wouldn't have been half as much of a fuore about it n here. There wasn't near so much about Goss when he went United. A few people kept tabs on him and that was interesting to dip in and out of every so often but that was it. Good luck to the lad, I hope he does well but, despite being Stanno's son, he never grew into being one of our own. As far as I'm concerned, that only happens when you make our first team.