• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2019/20 kits

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jomo is a well known international brand based in Spain.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
We could have gone for Puma ...
... like the superbly run (and formerly Trust owned until they decided to revert to private ownership) Notts County.

Dannyred

Personally, not bothered who makes our kits, as long as they’re of a good quality. My personal favourite was Sho, who I think was a one man on his own.
I liked the Adidas city away kit, The white with Adidas red stripes.

Think the main brands like Adidas and Nike are quality but also very popular.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
It’s amazing you don’t question the club about why they are not moving to a popular brand like Nike or Adidas.

Maybe the club are not able to get a good deal with these top brands which is surprising as other clubs can.
I've already replied on that note "Danny", right at the front of the thread. Unfortunately you haven't grasped the economics of it.

We still have one more year, at least, with Joma. After that, who knows? I've seen a proposal for Adidas kit. It was horrific (personal opinion, of course).

You see, we want unique kit design, which big brand sports companies won't consider economically viable, and so offer "off the shelf" kit. Quantities would also be higher, with margins lower.

How's Jose Maria Marin, btw?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
They won't come back with specifics related to your query, despite their 'expertise', they don't seem to grasp basic economics with regards to supply and demand and costs etc, but because you can buy it in sports direct that will make them good put a brand name on it and it will be top quality.

Grecian68

They won't come back with specifics related to your query, despite their 'expertise', they don't seem to grasp basic economics with regards to supply and demand and costs etc, but because you can buy it in sports direct that will make them good put a brand name on it and it will be top quality.
Some of this Adidas shirts in sports direct are not that great quality, snag easily.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
It’s amazing you don’t question the club about why they are not moving to a popular brand like Nike or Adidas.

Maybe the club are not able to get a good deal with these top brands which is surprising as other clubs can.
Ok... So lets just be clear on this

Big brands will only make kit for big teams

What they do is license their brand to manufactures to create a kit

example.. Argyle has puma which is a official brand used under licence by a company called Genesis I believe...

Its not all about branding either, its about actually buying the amount of product needed, contracts of bigger brands would want say 2000 shirts bought for each order, where as Joma would only ask that you by 50-70 shirts at a time.

We are a small club that tries to live within its means.. have to buy high amounts of kit for each order is very foolish when our fan base is under 7000 at best

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How about your favourite player on this season's kit on a mug? The Terrace are making them availble

Grecianpasty

Any update on the third team shirt?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
75th on shirt sales