• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football League Ramifications

exeter-loyal

30 minutes left for Bolton to pull somthing out of the bag.
Sadly looks unlikely now!

i8cornwall

Sadly looks unlikely now!
Discussions still on going according to the Bolton evening news, all down to the EFL now I guess.

exeter-loyal

Discussions still on going according to the Bolton evening news, all down to the EFL now I guess.
Suppose it can be extended to 48 hours as deadline is up.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Doubt it. Deadline means nothing to Bolton. All the EFL can do is notify them of their decision to withdraw their membership, but that's on 14 days notice (where we are with Bury).

However, as the administrator intends to start liquidating tomorrow, I guess they have up until that point (and perhaps slightly afterwards, I have no idea) to find a compromise and deal.

i8cornwall

Doubt it. Deadline means nothing to Bolton. All the EFL can do is notify them of their decision to withdraw their membership, but that's on 14 days notice (where we are with Bury).

However, as the administrator intends to start liquidating tomorrow, I guess they have up until that point (and perhaps slightly afterwards, I have no idea) to find a compromise and deal.
Is pretty much correct.

From what i can tell the former owner Ken Andersons wants the Eddie Davies Trust and Football Ventures to sign saying that he will be immune from future legal action over his running of the club, neither seem (and rightly so) willing to sign or agree to that.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Suppose it can be extended to 48 hours as deadline is up.
A bit like Brexit then - but with added balls (plus jumpers for goalposts)

Oldsmobile-88

Very poor taste by Sky having a countdown clock on their SSN channel earlier for Bury & Bolton.
Lots of people will be out of work whatever the final
scenario..

The transfer window it ain’t..

Grecian2K

At the same time that they've scheduled their game on 2nd Sept for coverage.
Poor taste doesn't cover it.
Vile hypocrisy more like
(Still what do you expect from that bunch of fawning shysters?)

exeter-loyal

Bolton have 14 days from now to get out of trouble, only 2 will face relegation from League One if this happens!

Grecian2K

As a Port Vale fan has pointed out on TFF it's not just league promotion and relegation that will be affected as R1 of the FA Cup will now be (at least) one club short of a full draw.
If it's just Bury will there be a bye, or will there be a "lucky loser" from the quals?
And if Bolton also go plop although there will still be an even number of teams for R1 it would only be kicking the problem on into R2.