• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The florets joke at the Edinburgh festival.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
I just don't think it's a funny joke. "Florets", "tourettes": the words are too dissimilar to be a clever word play. Carp joke. Must be BREXIT affecting the British sense of humour
Excellent shoe-horning in of a Brexit point there. You know the comedian in question is Swedish right?

DB9

Is the joke funny? meh, People take offence too easily, Get a life!

IndoMike

Excellent shoe-horning in of a Brexit point there. You know the comedian in question is Swedish right?
You're English and your jokes aren't funny either

IndoMike

I thought tourettes were young ladies in hot pants that acted as guides on coach excursions.

hienzeECFC

I have my doubts that anyone was really that offended...but I went and read the article on the BBC and now I know more about Tourrette's...maybe it is, in part at least, a charity (and a comedian with Tourrette's) seizing an opportunity for free, nationwide publicity?

Grecian2K

Not offended at all. Just agree with others that it was not a very good joke.

geoffwp

I thought tourettes were young ladies in hot pants that acted as guides on coach excursions.
That's not a bad try at all Mike.:)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I have my doubts that anyone was really that offended...but I went and read the article on the BBC and now I know more about Tourrette's...maybe it is, in part at least, a charity (and a comedian with Tourrette's) seizing an opportunity for free, nationwide publicity?
I think you have a point.

IndoMike

That's not a bad try at all Mike.:)
Maybe I should enter for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I never realised this was a Festival for comedians I always thought it was a gathering of Scottish Barbers