• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

Exehausted

It sounded like Ben Seymour had a very energetic game against Coventry and had four good efforts in the first half. That followed a very good pre season, so I think he could link well with Ryan. I think him or Matt should start on Tuesday. I don't see it as a risk and perhaps coming on with 20 mins to go Nicky could make an impact against defenders who are starting to tire.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
With sixteen moves/loans under his belt and never really scored consistently long term before being moved on again I don’t think we should expect to much.
94 goals in 312 games (according to Wiki) isn't a bad record for a 27 year old striker.

As a comparison Jayden Stockley (25 years of age) has 86 goals in 265 games (some of these were scored in the conference).

Those stats are pretty similar and most of Ajose's goals have been scored at a higher level than league 2 where Stockley has scored the bulk of his.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ajose may well be played in the wrong position and not provided with the service but do we really want to tailor our team to suit a player that appears to be crap when if we put in Jay or Martin as striking midfielders and play with Bowman at the forefront we might be more capable?

At the moment it's only Ajose's wage bill that is dictating the shape of our team.
If, when given the right sort of service, he scores plenty of goals (and it is goals that win you games) then yes. Your boy Williams needs to be quicker delivering not for just Ajose but Bowman also. You will then find we will look far more dynamic going forward generally.

Angus

I spoke to Ajose after the game on Saturday, he's said he's not happy with him self and he will prove himself.

I've heard in training he's one of the best strikers we've ever seen at the club. Must be match pressure

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I spoke to Ajose after the game on Saturday, he's said he's not happy with him self and he will prove himself.

I've heard in training he's one of the best strikers we've ever seen at the club. Must be match pressure
Beggars belief

Angus

He did seem very positive about things

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He’ll come good I’m sure. Bowman took time to get going and perhaps a couple of games off the bench may be a good move.

I’d be more concerned if he’d had 4 or 5 clear cut chances and fluffed them. Just hope he doesn’t snatch at his first opportunity out of frustration!

Angus

As long as he scores a couple past argyle I have no care what he does for the rest of the season

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
To get the best out of Ajose we need to have control of a game, particularly in midfield. We haven't managed to achieve such control yet. Fingers crossed as his fitness improves so too will our play. Early days.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I spoke to Ajose after the game on Saturday
Billy the Bullshitter.