• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage prediction thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think anyone has it in for either player; we all want them to succeed, but you have to call it as you see it. Matt T was pretty clear that he wasn't happy with the team's performance.

Personally I though both were unusually below par throughout the game, not just the first half. Let's hope the whole team are determined and focused on Saturday.
Fair enough, I just think the Taylor/ Collins partnership built up enough credit in the second half of last season to be not judged too harshly after one slightly lacklustre game. The only changes I would make to the team are Woodman for Parkes and Lee Martin for Ajose.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm going for a 1-0 defeat, the goal coming from a defensive error. This result will be the turning point for King Matt and he'll finally sort out the full backs and build the team around Nicky Law in the centre of midfield.

Three bookings from a sub standard ref tops off a bad day.

Oliver

I think Matt will have had a lot of thinking this week about his midfield, and I will be most surprised if he does not start weth Lee Martin and Law in the middle of the park and Woodman returning at left back. I would expect Moxey to be on the bench.
I think it will be a tight encounter and my prediction is a 2-1 defeat.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jason's match preview

Ashford Grecian

2-0 City......... Six points zero goals conceded

Exehausted

I'm going for a 1-0 win, Lee Martin with the goal. I also think that Matt will have to change the system after we were over run in mid field last week. I think (well hope) that he goes 4-5-1 with Lee Martin coming in for Nicky Ajose. I don't expect any other changes.

tonykellowfan

Last year it was a game of two halves, we absolutely battered them in the second half.

I doubt very much that ST will start with the same line up and tactics as last week, so for that reason I am more positive.

burtiew

This is where we get going ... 3-0 to City. Bowman, Law and Ajose.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
And this is what they think.

Ex-ciderrr

1-1 Bowman 402 reds