• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder if anyone has any idea what the fee would have been. More than a tribunal ,so would that be a million or just a couple hundred thousand?
I would venture a 5 digit deal :(

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if anyone has any idea what the fee would have been. More than a tribunal ,so would that be a million or just a couple hundred thousand?
Unless they have increased the figures (quite possible but nothing I could find on the internet), as we are a Category 3 Academy the EPPP compensation amounts would have been under £75K, plus £25K for every 10 first team games if he makes it and Fulham stay in the Championship. So if Fulham have offered significantly more than that, we would have been foolish to challenge it. If they get back into the PL it'd be £150K per 10 games.

And I imagine we'd get 20% of any transfer fee, that seems to be standard these days.

Again, always assuming he makes it, of course.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good luck Jay Shame we are not good enough to keep all the talent we keep losing.
A bit of a silly way to look at it quite honestly. Do you honestly believe that or was it made flippantly to draw more criticism? Surely you know how the system works?

DB9

Good luck Jay Shame we are not good enough to keep all the talent we keep losing.
It's what we do, I know it's frustrating but the nature of the beast and our model is to develope and sell them on, It's a sod when the ones who are really young go without us seeing them in the first team but it is a sense of pride that we have this reputation for developing talent, Giving them a chance in the first team and having an eye for released young players who might come good, Also because of our model we have to keep this conveyer belt going because if it dries up we don't have anyone to helpus out. The bigger teams will always shaft the smaller ones but at least we do get money

Fareham Grecian

Most people would think it was a positive that we keep finding and developing young players with potential that other richer clubs recognise.

But you just want to be negative and criticise the club. Ever thought of moving to Arizona?

budegrecian

It's what we do, I know it's frustrating but the nature of the beast and our model is to develope and sell them on, It's a sod when the ones who are really young go without us seeing them in the first team but it is a sense of pride that we have this reputation for developing talent, Giving them a chance in the first team and having an eye for released young players who might come good, Also because of our model we have to keep this conveyer belt going because if it dries up we don't have anyone to helpus out. The bigger teams will always shaft the smaller ones but at least we do get money
It's what we do & what we should keep doing. However in this case the 'sense of pride' has the shine taken off of it as the money you refer to is next to nothing; we've been shafted as you state. Unlike Ethan, Jay didn't hang around long enough for us to offer him a professional contract, so he's left us under EPPP rules which means all Fulham have to give us is a bag of beans & a pat on the head. It appears they've given us a bit more than this & I would guess that John William isn't far off in his assessment of what we will get.
Fantastic work, again, by the Academy staff, but I wonder how they feel about this situation.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do we say roll on Ben Chrisene next year

Shame we aren't good enough to keep all these youngsters on such a level playing field - ass

DB9

It's what we do & what we should keep doing. However in this case the 'sense of pride' has the shine taken off of it as the money you refer to is next to nothing; we've been shafted as you state. Unlike Ethan, Jay didn't hang around long enough for us to offer him a professional contract, so he's left us under EPPP rules which means all Fulham have to give us is a bag of beans & a pat on the head. It appears they've given us a bit more than this & I would guess that John William isn't far off in his assessment of what we will get.
Fantastic work, again, by the Academy staff, but I wonder how they feel about this situation.
Unfortunately my friend this is what happens, Unless the football chiefs decide otherwise. I do think a sense of pride should be the thinking everytime a player goes to a bigger club, It make our CV look good when parents are deciding where to send their lads

budegrecian

Unfortunately my friend this is what happens, Unless the football chiefs decide otherwise. I do think a sense of pride should be the thinking everytime a player goes to a bigger club, It make our CV look good when parents are deciding where to send their lads
Yes, I understand that but unfortunately a sense of pride doesn't add an additional £500k to our playing budget every year.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jay was offered a pro deal and the fee was not under EPPP. That aside it was still likely to be peanuts. I would guess £125k with a handful of theoretical add ons and a 20% sell on.

Last edited: