• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Just imagine how much better off we'd be if we weren't pursuing this policy! Actually, there's no need to imagine. The kind folks at the LSE have detailed it for us ...
That wouldn't be the same LSE that recieve tens of millions of € funding from the EU by any chance? €18m+ in 2016 alone.

Temporarily Exiled

That wouldn't be the same LSE that recieve tens of millions of € funding from the EU by any chance? €18m+ in 2016 alone.
Playing the man and not the ball, as is tradition. Can you address the points at all, or would I be correct in assuming that you've attacked the source because you don't have a clue as to what might be wrong with it, what holes could exist - you're just sure in your mind that they do, and that it must be lambasted for it. This is not a normal way to interact with facts. What do you think you're doing? How do you think this is a healthy attitude to have with the truth?

Also:

1) The EU funds pretty much every university in Europe. This is how the system works, it isn't the 'gotcha' you think it is.
2) The LSE's name is worth more to them than €18m. Their endowment alone is £141.6m (June 2018), and their total annual budget over £350m.
3) Even if the LSE gets money, no academic is putting their name to verifiable lies, as you think they do freely.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
For Jinxy. This is the complete quote : not just a few words that you extracted..
"Eton did a good job in teaching their pupils to bluff their way through life with an untouchable air of confidence. What has Johnson really done in his life to earn the position of PM? Is he a war hero? No. He'd make the prols fight his wars. Has he ever invented anything? Has he ever made a big impact on the well-being of the general public? Would you really trust him in a dangerous situation? Would you trust him with your money?
No, he's simply used his contacts and admittedly impressive bluff and bluster to get where he is. A man with no principles who could change his view on Brexit 180 degrees because it suited his selfish ambitions.
I've always said that you get the leaders you deserve"

DB9

Not a problem at all ... Now what happened in 2016 again ?
Leave won, I've always accepted the result even if it was close but still leave won so Nigel should accept yesterdays result without the catty remark

elginCity

"Leave won"

Other than more votes, what exactly ?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
There is another vote. A confirmatory one. In October. Makes sense really, doesn't it?
So we are having a vote on a vote .... Yeah that makes sense (shaky head thing)

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
I know. Isn't it terrible that they get a choice to reconfirm the appointment? I mean, what if she made a pigs ear of it, and they concluded an incorrect decision had been made? How undemocratic.

Typical EU. :unsure:

DB9

"Leave won"

Other than more votes, what exactly ?
I have no idea, I'm responding to Ramones remarks regarding the new EU commissior

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I know. Isn't it terrible that they get a choice to reconfirm the appointment? I mean, what if she made a pigs ear of it, and they concluded an incorrect decision had been made? How undemocratic.

Typical EU. :unsure:
My argument has always been if the vote had gone the other way with a similar percentage of votes would there have been all these demo's etc asking for a second confirmation vote ? No there wouldn't have been.
IF we had voted to stay I would have respected that vote.

IndoMike

If you buy a plane ticket
Mike the press in this country are just a bunch of locusts feeding off of any morsel they can get a story out of.
People haven't been brainwashed unless of course you mean the ones who lost the vote and now think we need another one !
Corbyn has brought most of the $hitstorm surrounding him on himself by his anti jewish comments and his lack of what people think of him.
When was the last PM a war hero / inventor / made a major impact on the well being of us mere mortals ? Edward Heath that's who.
I tell you one thing I wouldn't have someone in charge of our country who publicly stated he would never use our nuclear option under ANY situation !
Ok. So you've focused on Corbyn. I am not a fan of Corbyn at all. I think he's weak and therefore a poor leader.
I know he is strongly opposed to Israel's treatment of Palestine. I am too. But I'm not anti-semetic. I disapprove of some African governments, but I'm not a racist.
Is Corbyn anti-semetic?
The nuclear option is one big bluff. A first strike is suicide and a retaliatory strike hardly helps.
Please see my comment to Jinxy above regarding PMs and heroes. Btw, the last hero was Churchill.