• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Greatest ever XI

ryancooper327

I've looked around and couldn't see anything on here or elsewhere on the web but that might just be me being blind.

Has there ever been a greatest XI compiled? I think it would be a good thing for the club twitter to do, polling 4/5 options for each position every week. Fill a gap until pre-season anyway.

But there again you have to agree on a formation to fill!

4-4-2 or 2-3-5 or even 4-2-3-1

Do we even have a 'most used' position?

Keen to hear your ideas before I suggest something to someone (haven't worked out how or who yet)

Pobbop

There have certainly been threads on here about it, and City have done a legends thing, tends to be sullied by Steve Flack though, as most things are.

Would be a decent idea for City to do one.

Temporarily Exiled

Closest we have is the hall of fame, but it's a little top-heavy (1 keeper, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders, 7 forwards).

LeedsGrecian

It has definitely been done before.

Here is my 11, including players who have played since the turn of the millennium, when I started watching City.

Christy Pym

Matt Taylor
Rob Edwards
George Friend

David Noble
Ryan Harley
James Coppinger
Matt Grimes
Nicky Law

Jayden Stockley
Jamie Cureton

Other names that were considered: Paul Jones, Dean Moxey, Chris Todd, Alan Gow, Jamie Mackie, Sean Devine, Christian Roberts, Stanno

(Haven't included Storey or Ampadu due to their minimal appearances for City)

Look forward to seeing what others think...

Last edited:

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stockley and Cureton , interesting combination!

LeedsGrecian

Stockley and Cureton , interesting combination!
As much of a lazy s**t Stockley was at times, we clearly missed his goals since Jan. The optimist in me hopes that Bowman grabs as many, but can he score 50 in 100? I'm not so sure, but I hope he proves me wrong...

Last edited:

Banksy

Maybe someone like Cureton working off Bowman?

grecIAN Harris

With these sorts of things it's all subjective. People like LeedsGrecian wouldn't have seen some of the true greats like Kellow and Banks (I'm not even old enough to have seen Banks) and it's hard to draw comparisons between the likes of Vinnicombe and Friend, for arguments sake, because of the differing eras in which they played in. Christy Pym wouldn't have a look in against Dick Pym. You can only go with what you know.

IndoMike

Been done before, but

Miller
Hiley
Giles
Shaun Taylor
Friend
Randall
Ampadu
Lammie R
Robson
Kellow
Beer

jrg333

As much of a lazy s**t Stockley was at times, we clearly missed his goals since Jan.
What on earth is this comment supposed to mean?!

Not a single player gave more effort for the team than Stockley while he was here. Did you ever even watch him play?