• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Signing about to be announced

ryancooper327

According to Devon Live, another signing is due soon and will be a centre-half.
Throughout the season, I have been looking at the spine of my team and we knew Christy (Pym's) situation," Taylor said. "Whatever happens, we wish him all the best and he goes with our best wishes."

'Pym has indicated that he will leave St James Park this summer after rejected the club's offer of a new deal but, as yet, he is yet to commit to a new club despite plenty of interest.'

Has Pym rejecting a deal been in an interview/article anywhere or is it just unwritten knowledge? I may have missed it

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pretty excited to see who the new centre back is!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mugabi at Yeovil would be good, but suspect it will be someone not yet mentioned on the forum!

Joshyd123

Mugabi at Yeovil would be good, but suspect it will be someone not yet mentioned on the forum!
TOP_CITY_FAN has said Byron Webster on Twitter. He has a record of 0 from 1928 with regards to getting rumours correct.

ryancooper327

TOP_CITY_FAN has said Byron Webster on Twitter. He has a record of 0 from 1928 with regards to getting rumours correct.
Would rather someone younger.else we’d have a 32yo, 33yo and a 36yo in our back four.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He may be right one day!!

I like your Tom Aldred suggestion on another thread but doubt he’d come this far south. Alex Lacey been released by Gills could be a possible one...

Joshyd123

He may be right one day!!

I like your Tom Aldred suggestion on another thread but doubt he’d come this far south. Alex Lacey been released by Gills could be a possible one...
Apparently Aldred's is Australia bound with Robbie Fowler (according to an extensive 60 second Twitter search!)

Colesman Ballz

It could of course be Troy Brown, signing the new contract offered to him ? ? ?

Joshyd123

It could of course be Troy Brown, signing the new contract offered to him ? ? ?
Reading the article, it says we are in discussions and not formally offered a new deal.

andrew p long

Throughout the season, I have been looking at the spine of my team and we knew Christy (Pym's) situation," Taylor said. "Whatever happens, we wish him all the best and he goes with our best wishes."

'Pym has indicated that he will leave St James Park this summer after rejected the club's offer of a new deal but, as yet, he is yet to commit to a new club despite plenty of interest.'

Has Pym rejecting a deal been in an interview/article anywhere or is it just unwritten knowledge? I may have missed it
I haven’t seen formal confirmation that Christy has decided to leaveBUT MT has been offering him a new contract since the time he took over. Christy hasn’t signed. So theoretically if all his better options fell through he could still pick up the offer here. But make no mistake, Christy is leaving for bigger/better things.