• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mike you should have been a politician for not actually answering a question and going off at a different tangent !
In some parts of the country the white people born and bred there are now the minority some afraid to walk the streets in short skirts than is acceptable by a muslim community for fear of attack.
WOW you think you are the only person with muslim friends that's like when someone see's my son in his boots and wheelchair and has to stop us and tell us how they also know someone who is disabled how very condescending of you !
By his own words the guy throwing the milkshake had already indentified himself as a muslim to TR and people stood near him hence why his security people were watching for such an event to happen which seemed the right thing to do as was seen in the video.
I also have muslim friends who eat bacon sarnies and don't pray 5 times a day but they aren't intolerant of other people religious beliefs they get on with life and like other people religion isn't something they have to do every day to prove how good they are at it , my mum always identified as a Catholic because of her upbringing but the only times I ever saw her get the religion thing was in times of need or sorrow the roasaries would come out.
I have been called baby killer / murderer by the ignorant people in the High Street for even selling poppies and had to try and calm these sort of people down when my daughters were afraid of attack for doing the same thing I have bitten my tongue on more than one occasion and it only ever came so close to me lumping some divvy once but just as I was about to kick off a mate come round the corner and reminded me why I was stood there helping me calm down.
https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/tommy/
Think we're not on the same wave length. I was talking about TR and his disciples, not you. I'm glad you have Muslim friends - I wasn't using the example of my friends as a badge of honour . So I don't understand how you can agree with TR, who rails against ethnic minorities in a generalized way as if every Asian or person of different ethnicity should be kicked out.
Very unfair to say that I'm the type of person who would go up to any person in a wheelchair and be condescending to them.
I have already said many times that anyone who seriously verbally insults or physically attacks ANYONE should be arrested and stuck in jail. If the cops stood by and just watched then they're not doing their job and TR could report it.
I'm very surprised that you have had the reaction that you say you had when selling poppies and glad that your friend was around to stop you thumping him.
So, to summarize, I believe that TR is a racist, I believe that racism and extreme nationalism are on the rise, and I find that deeply disturbing. Lessons from the 2nd World War and from many other conflicts and genocides have not been learnt. Racism and extreme nationalism never ends well and yes, people have to stand up to it.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just so wrong as the Euro elections are going to prove.
Any idiot can whip up a protest vote in a meaningless election. Let's see him get elected to parliament. Oh wait, he's failed 7 times.

iscalad

Just so wrong as the Euro elections are going to prove.
The Euro elections are not about politics

Grecian2K

Amusing to see old Nigel Fascist's mini-hissyfit with Marr yesterday, especially whining about "being ignored by the BBC" while being given precious airspace by the....ermm...BBC.

Of course, what the preening, posing popinjay really hates and fears is being asked specific and probing questions about his TRUE views and motives by anyone other than a supine, simpering sycophant.

Alistair20000

Any idiot can whip up a protest vote in a meaningless election. Let's see him get elected to parliament. Oh wait, he's failed 7 times.
Wrong. It needs someone with an understanding of politics and the mood of the electorate to deliver a significant protest vote. Whatever one thinks of Old Rubber Chops he is certainly not an idiot. He has been seriously underestimated by the lazy, smug, self satisfied, self serving political establishment and the main political parties. The Euro election might be meaningless in some respects but it is likely to give Farage some very significant Mo. It is possible that any support he retains through to a General Election will do nothing more than split the centre right/right vote letting in a Corbyn government but that will be a seismic political event in itself.

I do not happen to think he would be much good at running the country but that said none of the current options seem much good either.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

The Euro elections are not about politics
Why do you think not ?

IndoMike

Wrong. It needs someone with an understanding of politics and the mood of the electorate to deliver a significant protest vote. Whatever one thinks of Old Rubber Chops he is certainly not an idiot. He has been seriously underestimated by the lazy, smug, self satisfied, self serving political establishment and the main political parties. The Euro election might be meaningless in some respects but it is likely to give Farage some very significant Mo. It is possible that any support he retains through to a General Election will do nothing more than split the centre right/right vote letting in a Corbyn government but that will be a seismic political event in itself.

I do not happen to think he would be much good at running the country but that none of the current options seem much good either.

Oh, jolly good. I'n starting to warm to him.

Alistair20000

Oh, jolly good. I'n starting to warm to him.
I thought you did not like Jezza ? :S

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster

I do not happen to think he would be much good at running the country but that none of the current options seem much good either.
Never said he was an idiot. Anyone who can fool that many people into giving him a free ride for so long has to have something about him. But if he thinks doing well in the euros will give him any political clout whatsoever then he is sorely mistaken. As for the "mood of the electorate", it doesn't take the political mind of Pericles to promise something that 17 million voted for (and promise absolutely nothing else), when you know full well you will never have to delivery on or deal with the consequences of that promise.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
So I don't understand how you can agree with TR, who rails against ethnic minorities in a generalized way as if every Asian or person of different ethnicity should be kicked out.
I'm very surprised that you have had the reaction that you say you had when selling poppies and glad that your friend was around to stop you thumping him.
So, to summarize, I believe that TR is a racist, I believe that racism and extreme nationalism are on the rise, and I find that deeply disturbing.
Show me 1 bit of evidence where he said people of Asian decent should be kicked out please ? One of the main things he has stood up against is grooming against children by gangs of not only Asian people but also white british people.

The person who got close to being lumped was a woman with purple hair and a ring through her nose screaming in my face on her way to work at 07.30 how I should be ashamed by even wearing a poppy let alone standing there selling them to provide funds for baby killers.
She was probably the sort of person who would put money in a jar for terrorists organisations like the ira years ago smiling as she did so.

National pride is on the rise because people feel they aren't being treated equally by the current bunch of wasters sat in parliament as has been shown with the brexit vote to leave being diluted.
Personally I have seen people on a waiting list for council housing be put back further on the waiting list because the local council has to house a certain amount of non british migrants to fill their quota if they were to treat everyone fairly then surely people with the same amount in a family unit 2 adults 2 kids the one waiting longest should come first ? Skin colour /religious beliefs shouldn't be a determining factor when housing people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.