• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So, where did we go wrong?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree with this..... not sure for a first season in management that it did go wrong
I was thinking more about todays game really. Other results all going our way so that we needed a solitary goal, we didnt get one. It was one-way traffic towards Forest Greens goal in the first half, and City looked the better team. Okay they came at us in the 2nd 45 and Pym made two top saves, but I still couldnt believe we couldnt find a goal. I thought the referee was outstanding incidently, but he doesnt count. I suppose we should have contested that dropped ball the referee gave to their keeper under the circumstances, but we wouldnt have heard the last of it if we'd scored!

eurogrecian

We didn’t go wrong. Great first season for the manager. He’s learning as he goes. Tremendous effort by all the players today - the ball just didn’t run for us in the box.
Bound to be some personnel changes in the summer, but the Club is in good heart and I’m sure we can kick on next season.
Enjoyed my day out at FGR despite the result.

PeteUSA

Enjoyed my day out at FGR despite the result.
Good on you my mate, that was a tremendous away following: 1,300+ apparently.

eurogrecian

I flew in from Switzerland, what was your excuse?! 😎

andrew p long

Would have been fun watching him buy players who don't exist.......
Made i larf!

PeteUSA

In answer to eurogrecian: Not well enough to do a 12 hour flight!

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

It's quite simple Pete, we had somebody who was going to get very close to 30 goals this season until January...………………………………………

…………………………………. and then we didn't. And then we couldn't, for whatever reason, replace him. It's funny what the odd goal or do does to turn a match not only in terms of result but ability and confidence in the rest of the side in general.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Should have let Rog start the MDT !

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's quite simple Pete, we had somebody who was going to get very close to 30 goals this season until January...………………………………………

…………………………………. and then we didn't. And then we couldn't, for whatever reason, replace him. It's funny what the odd goal or do does to turn a match not only in terms of result but ability and confidence in the rest of the side in general.
We did replace him. It's just that, after joining in the middle of the season, it inevitably took Ryan Bowman a while to settle and get used to his new team. However, with 5 goals in the last 6 games I think he has actually exceeded expectations. The bigger issue is that no other out-and-out striker has scored since Jayden left and no other City player has scored in the last 4 games.

grecIAN Harris

We didn't replace him. Stockley will score goals consistently all season, that's what he does. Bowman on the other hand will score his share of goals (12-15 a season, much like Flackie used to) but they will probably come in patches, like recently, but he is there for what else he brings to the side. He needs a partner to work off him, who will probably get a thicker end of the wedge of goals, to make sure that the side get the best out of him.