• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
That is true. I read an article about Eton : their pupils are brainwashed into believing that they are born to rule and have that air of, may I say, smug superiority which is so typical of Moggy.
You would think that by the year 2019 the class system would have died a death and that meritocracy would rule, but no, no, no.
Au contraire - Mogg is meritocracy gone mad:

".....predicted that digital technology would make the world hugely more competitive, unequal and unstable. Societies would splinter. Taxes would be evaded. Government would gradually wither away. “By 2010 or thereabouts,” they wrote, welfare states “will simply become unfinanceable”. In such a harsh world, only the most talented, self-reliant, technologically adept person – “the sovereign individual” – would thrive."

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster

".....predicted that digital technology would make the world hugely more competitive, unequal and unstable. Societies would splinter. Taxes would be evaded. Government would gradually wither away. “By 2010 or thereabouts,” they wrote, welfare states “will simply become unfinanceable”. In such a harsh world, only the most talented, self-reliant, technologically adept person – “the sovereign individual” – would thrive."
Remember when one of the headlines of the 2017 conservative manifesto was "The world's great meritocracy"? So that's going well. I'm sure the electorate will hold them to account for that at the next election. Oh wait, no they won't. We always get the leaders we deserve.

Terryhall

Hardly. Rees mogg is practically the definition of inherited privilege.

DB9

Imagine working for a company that has a little more than 630 employees , but has the following employees statistics ..
29 have been accused of spouse abuse
7 arrested for fraud
9 accused of writing bad cheques
17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 business's
3 have spent time inside for assault
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit records
14 have been arrested for drug related charges
8 arrested for shoplifting
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year
AND collectively in one year alone have cost the British taxpayer over £92,993,748 in expenses for members and hangers on.

The House of Commons !
Interesting quote, What is your source?

arthur

Interesting quote, What is your source?
Facebook ...

DB9

Facebook ...
Since i don't do facebook I'm wondering, What is the breakdown of which parties the MP's, Are there more Tories than Labour or vice versa who've been on the naughty step?

Last edited:

Terryhall

More interesting comparisons with Switzerland. There was a referendum in February 2016 (the subject was tax laws for married couples) - the high Court has today confirmed that there was inaccurate/contradictory information in the official voting pack, and as a result has declared the result to be invalid. The parliament now has to decide whether or not to hold a rerun of the referendum.

This was because in the official booklet, in the summary section it said that 80,000 families would be affected;in the detail it said that 704,000 families would be affected.

This was considered enough of a discrepancy to have influenced the result and be considered misinformation which led to the result being declared invalid.

Considering the amount of misinformation being thrown around by both Remain and Leave campaigns...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Imagine working for a company that has a little more than 630 employees , but has the following employees statistics ..
29 have been accused of spouse abuse
7 arrested for fraud
9 accused of writing bad cheques
17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 business's
3 have spent time inside for assault
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit records
14 have been arrested for drug related charges
8 arrested for shoplifting
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year
AND collectively in one year alone have cost the British taxpayer over £92,993,748 in expenses for members and hangers on.

The House of Commons !
And all complete nonsense. Have a look here https://fullfact.org/online/false-claims-about-mps/

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Since i don't do facebook I'm wondering, What is the breakdown of which parties the MP's, Are there more Tories than Labour or vice versa who've been on the naughty step?
The question should how many are democrats and how many are republicans.

DB9

And all complete nonsense. Have a look here https://fullfact.org/online/false-claims-about-mps/
The curse of the internet and Social Media, Put something out there and it is taken as gospel, We live in dangerous times where people can put up down right lies to get their point of view across and people will see it as fact, This same thing was done in a more primitive way about 80 years ago, The result was heartache and death for millions

Status
Not open for further replies.