• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
He says "The World Trade Organization finds that the European Union subsidies to Airbus has adversely impacted the United States, which will now put Tariffs on $11 Billion of EU products! The EU has taken advantage of the U.S. on trade for many years. It will soon stop!"

Is he in the wrong here?
The Yanks always want it their own way. Remember how they made life so difficult for Concorde?
They want Boeing to have a free rein, and will allow their planes to fly even when the plane is dangerous. Lion Air - the height and speed data were totally wrong - ever tried to fly a plane when you don't know the correct height and speed? - but the FDAA still wouldn't ground it.
They want it their own way, but China is smarter and the China-Russia axis is solid. The days of US superiority are coming to an end.

arthur

Mr Jinx

The days of US superiority are coming to an end.
Yes and the American people by and large know that and that's why they ended up voted for Trump as they reckoned he'd do something about it. Which he is.

IndoMike

Yes and the American people by and large know that and that's why they ended up voted for Trump as they reckoned he'd do something about it. Which he is.
Oh dear, Jinxy...If you feel that way the distance between us is far too wide for us to hold a civilized conversation.

Terryhall

He's certainly dismantling any diplomatic connections the US may have enjoyed, other than those to Netanyahu.

I'd say more "America Alone" than "America First"

Perhaps this is why he and Farage get on so well and why so many that support Brexit seem to view Trump as a breath of fresh air.

Personally I see him as responsible for a political envirnoment that has allowed Bill SB 17 to pass in Texas.

IndoMike

He's certainly dismantling any diplomatic connections the US may have enjoyed, other than those to Netanyahu.

I'd say more "America Alone" than "America First"

Perhaps this is why he and Farage get on so well and why so many that support Brexit seem to view Trump as a breath of fresh air.

Personally I see him as responsible for a political envirnoment that has allowed Bill SB 17 to pass in Texas.
He's dismantling of trying to dismantle every single policy that Obama introduced. Trump is childish and extremely vengeful and is determined to discredit Obama especially since the latter took the p/ss at the Press event six years ago. There is nothing he can do which can possibly excuse his behaviour, policies, character and prejudices.

IndoMike

Shameful the way the arrogant oaf Rees-Mogg has threatened to disrupt activity in the EU parliament, when the EU has done all it can to help May within their rules. Who does he think he is?

arthur

Who does he think he is?
He thinks, rightly, that he a member of a privileged elite with an agenda to pursue

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/nov/09/mystic-mogg-jacob-rees-mogg-willam-predicts-brexit-plans

IndoMike

He thinks, rightly, that he a member of a privileged elite with an agenda to pursue

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/nov/09/mystic-mogg-jacob-rees-mogg-willam-predicts-brexit-plans
That is true. I read an article about Eton : their pupils are brainwashed into believing that they are born to rule and have that air of, may I say, smug superiority which is so typical of Moggy.
You would think that by the year 2019 the class system would have died a death and that meritocracy would rule, but no, no, no.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Imagine working for a company that has a little more than 630 employees , but has the following employees statistics ..
29 have been accused of spouse abuse
7 arrested for fraud
9 accused of writing bad cheques
17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 business's
3 have spent time inside for assault
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit records
14 have been arrested for drug related charges
8 arrested for shoplifting
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year
AND collectively in one year alone have cost the British taxpayer over £92,993,748 in expenses for members and hangers on.

The House of Commons !

Status
Not open for further replies.