• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Re: Cheltenham Town v Exeter City Offcial Matchday Thread

Quite right; I've just seen the highlights, and it wasnt. Pym came off his line to get two fists on that ball (which he did). It looks like their player got injured throwing himself into Pym. Pym certainly didnt do anything deliberate to bring about a penalty. He needs to stop screaming at the ref in that fashion though; he could have got a second yellow for that!

Highlights:https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11686391/cheltenham-1-1-exeter
Irrelevant if he meant it or not - when an outfield player wins the ball but still makes contact with a player fouls get given - what’s the difference with a keeper? Yes he played the ball first but he still fouled the player and in the modern game “got the ball first” means nothing

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

Agree with who?

I haven't seen or heard anyone else say it was
The referee - who else.

Larry Wilkie

The referee - who else.
Nobody else!!

PeteUSA

Just seen the Pym decision and I agree it’s a pen - anywhere else on the pitch contact like that is a foul so I think it’s a penalty
Credy: that isnt a penalty. Look a couple more times, Pym has eyes only for the ball, and got two fists to it. I think their player was probably hurt when Pym came down on him, but that doesnt make it a penalty. If anything Pym might have got a free kick for the way their player launched into him in mid-air. Certainly no spot kick though.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

The referee - who else.
Which part of his body do you think he fouled him with, just out of interest?

Red Devon

Quite right; I've just seen the highlights, and it wasnt. Pym came off his line to get two fists on that ball (which he did). It looks like their player got injured throwing himself into Pym. Pym certainly didnt do anything deliberate to bring about a penalty. He needs to stop screaming at the ref in that fashion though; he could have got a second yellow for that!

Highlights:https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11686391/cheltenham-1-1-exeter
Does look a very poor decision!

pct333

The ball actually went out for a throw in from Christy's punch, so I think he DID get something on it!!

Comments from the ref and lino after the match won't help!!

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/what-referee-brett-huxtable-told-2729972
Apparently the match was played in the Premier League according to that link ! :S

picture @ devon live here shows Pym jumped a good 20-30cm higher & his elbow getting the back of Varney's head, after ball been punched away. ... No penalty ... no foul ... no yellow ... therefore no red ... hope Hamon doesn't have a mare on Tuesday.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/exeter-city-left-fuming-controversial-2729699

Last edited:

100milesaway

Someone sung somthing at a city game must be the Legion then.....

Back to the football mind. Thought we did ok today, im am becoming increasingly frustrated with how this season is ending after promising so much at the turn of the year. Back 4 and Collins today where solid and thought bowman showed what he is capable of just not sure him and Jay is the right fit, rather see Lee Martin up top again once fit.
It wasn’t ‘someone singing something’ it was a bunch of idiots singing ‘let him die ‘ to an unconscious player being attended to by paramedics. It was embarrassing and disgraceful. I’m all for banter but that was out of order.

You are right, I don’t know it if was the legion but it was from that part of the ground.

I just think, in these difficult times for football (racism, fans hitting players) we need to try to be a bit more responsible.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

The Torrington Tw@t strikes again
2012/13 43 Y 2 R 19 games
2013/14 47 Y 2 R 20 games
2014/15 48 Y 4 R 19 games
2015/16 37 Y 1 R 20 games after this season he seems to have been given promotion to ref higher leagues !
2016/17 140 Y 5 R 38 games
2017/18 136 Y 7 R 37 games
2018/19 125 Y 7 R 36 games and he still has time to beat his record of 140 !