• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exmouth Town FC

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
How's Ace High getting on?
Banging a few in I hear..

Oldsmobile-88

Home to Sticker(love that name) on Saturday..Anyone not going to Notts County & fancys a football fix,gates open at 1.30pm...Admission Adult £5( £1 discount for Exeter ST holders,Trust & Supporters club members)
OAP(65) & Juvenile £4 same discount applies.
Children under 16 free.

JamieEcfc

I see Exmouth Town are top of their league, is it possible they’ll be eligible for promotion this year?

Oldsmobile-88

I see Exmouth Town are top of their league, is it possible they’ll be eligible for promotion this year?
Not sure..The next level is Southern League D1 West,I suppose it is down to ground grading & finance,perhaps Citizen could fill us in ?

mustangspeed2006

Not sure..The next level is Southern League D1 West,I suppose it is down to ground grading & finance,perhaps Citizen could fill us in ?
I think the next level up is the Western League Premier Division (Step 5 in the non-league pyramid) and then it would be Southern League D1 West (Step 4).

"Subject to applying, receiving the required ground grading and finishing high enough in the league table, one club from the Peninsula League Premier Division can be promoted to the Western League Premier Division each season."

In any case, it's a long way from the Football League! There's always hope though...

In 1985, Exmouth played a previous incarnation of Fleetwood Town in the FA Vase semi-final, and look where there they are now after serious investment. They just need a generous fan to win the Euromillions. ;)

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's good to see them on the up, a town the size of Exmouth could easily support a club at a much higher level than they play at now.

I see Tavistock who had a number of games in hand and were in 3rd place drew midweek meaning they stay in 3rd place and Exmouth stay 8 clear with 5 games to go I think.

Temporarily Exiled

In terms of ground at least they should be fine, according to this article anyway:

"By improving the stand and hospitality area, the club now meet relevant Ground Grading criteria to allow them to progress through the football pyramid."

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Won 1-0 at Helston today...

Oldsmobile-88

Devon Bowl Semi Final at Southern Rd Wednesday 10th April 7.30pm.

Gates & Bar open at 6.30pm.

Adults £5.

Concessions £4: U18 : OAP
£3:U16

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s tight at the top. Tavistock have closed to within 3 points and a game in hand over Exmouth but also have a +7 GD over the leaders.

2 games to go for Exmouth now, too close to call for me. I really hope they manage to hold on and Tavistock slip.